Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Alternative Type Momberries

This is also open to future momberries. And to dadberries! I forget we have a decent bunch of men on here. I can't edit the title but there you go!

I thought I show some love to the goth, tattooed, pierced etc Momberries as we don't get as much love. Here we can talk about the things that make us alternative that other people don't necessarily get. :P

So, I'm and Alternative Momberry in several ways. I've got 4 tattoos. Tribal owl (fairly large piece) on my left shoulder, the symbol that's my avatar, an olive branch with Athena written in Greek on my left wrist, a set of pan pipes with Pan written in Greek on my right (I'll go into meanings if you'd like). I also have my ears gauged to an 8 and planning to drop to a 0.

I'm also very gothy. I love Tripp pants, gothic dresses, corsets and those sorts of things. Mostly the Tripp pants. I only own one gothic dress and corset that I use exclusively for concerts. I've had purple and red in my hair and I'm planning on lime green soon.

I'm also alternative in that I consider myself bigender in that there are days I present as male and days I present as female. It's a type of transgender. I think I'm in the very vast minority here, but I'm a transman (60% of the time) with a daughter and planning on having more.

And I suppose being a pagan should be counted as alternative as we seem to be in the minority. So I'm pagan, will raise my daughter that way until she chooses something else for herself. I'm a Priestess with the Hellenic Pagans in the area (the Greek god worshiping ones).

So yea, there's all my alternative quirks. Questions, comments, and your own stories welcome. Post pics too! ^_^
    Last edited by dantea; September 28th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Wow, Angel. I never imagine you to be this gothy, but I like it.

Not a mom yet, so I don't think I fits this forum. But well..
    I'm thinking to add more piercing and I always want tattoos, yet I'm afraid I'll regret it latter. So I guess I'll go with the temporary (a lot of it). I always want wings, my name written in Greek (that or my Chinese name, or both).

I'm an agnostic living in a country with majority religious people.
    My style is really depends on my mood. Based on appearance I can be very girly but not based on my attitude. Haha.

What's the meaning of tattoo in your avatar? I can understand Athena and Pan because you're a Hellenic pagan, but not that one. My own avatar is my old sketch, btw.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Dantea: your pan pipes sound really cool! I've always loved Pan. I wouldn't have thought of you as gothy either! Online perceptions are so funny.

c@29: my advice to people who want tattoos but are afraid of regretting them is this: get something beautiful and meaningful and you won't regret it. The only people I've ever met who regretted tattoos are people who rushed in and got some flash tattoo, or people who didn't pick an artist, but just went to the first shop they found and took the first appointment available. You're paying for a work of art on your body, and you should pick an artist. They have portfolios for a reason. Be picky, and find one whose talents complement the sort of art you want on your body. Getting some temp tatts is a great idea. I ALWAYS wear a fake tattoo on the part of my body I'm considering getting a tattoo on to see how I really feel about it. I thought I wanted one on my calf years back, and spent the day with a fake one on my calf. So glad it was fake because by the end of the day I realized I did not like it.

As for being alternative, I'm definitely never going to win the cookie cutter mom of the year award, let's put it that way.

I'm an atheist, which to most people in this country is synonymous with devil worship. That seems a little silly, since I don't believe in any devil, but oh well. I've come to terms with the gasps of horror when I say that. Mostly I call myself a non-believer because I think that's a little more ambiguous and people aren't so taken aback.

I have quite a few tattoos, mostly on my arms, and they're a bit hard to cover up, so I'll be sporting those at parent-teacher meetings. I suppose if a person were to see me from far away, I'd look pretty "normal". I like dresses, colorful things, and pretty clothes, and I have very long hair that I usually have braided. People are always surprised when they see my tattoos (as I push the sleeves of my pink cardigan up), and when they start talking to me.

I had piercings when I was younger, but let them close up because my body is a super freak and rejects almost everything (including illness, which is kinda handy!). Just my baby piercings stayed in, so I'm glad my mum did that or I wouldn't get to wear any baubles.

I've had my hair every color under the rainbow. I don't dye it anymore because it's quite dark and needs bleach to get any color to stick. It's so long right now I can't bare to ruin it. I once destroyed my aunties bathroom with bright red dye that stained everything, including my entire body! I had to work with pink skin all weekend. Oh, the things I do for color.

I enjoy comic books, all sorts of games, sci-fi, horror, fantasy and lots of other geeky things, but I also love wearing frilly aprons and making cookies.

I used to be a raw vegan, and was vegetarian for a very long time.

We're herb friendly in our home, and I grew up in an herb friendly home. We make mead, and dress up for renn faires, and I'm obsessed with names (shocker, I know) and stories. I play the harmonica, which isn't really all that alternative I guess. I'm just bragging.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

@redwoodfey: I know for sure that I won't get a permanent tattoo (at least not in the near future), but thanks for the advice. I know, there is no way I want a flash tattoo! lol. Well, my dad had two, he removed them after two decades and it lefts scars. That's why I'm so hesitate about it, I think.

I am a vegetarian. Made that decision years ago and at least in my place, that makes me minority too.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Fey, I also wasn't picturing you as having tattoos. I was picturing like a wispy, fairy looking woman. All long hair (like waist length) and flowing dresses. The type that's more comfortable in the woods barefoot than anywhere. I was off the mark >.< Also, you should post pictures of your tattoos. I love looking at other peoples art. I'll post mine later when it's not 5 in the morning.

Good advice with the tattoos. I couldn't have said it better. All mine will have meaning and be special to me. I also have an artist who is fantastic and works with me on design and price. I always doodle in the area I want it or wear a fake one. I've got another 20 or so planned which I'd be glad to talk about if you want because I love talking about my art :P.

That's a really good sketch! Maybe I should be asking you to draw the tattoo I can't figure out. I'm not enormously artistic.

The infinity symbol in my picture, it represents well, infinity. The green strip in the middle represents nature. The 13 is because everything in my life revolves around 13. My husband and my aniversary is October 13th, my daughter was born 2013, my moms anniversary is April 13th, my grandmas birthday is Sept 13, my grandpas birthday is Nov 26 (which is two 13s), my husband and I met on the 16th which is so close to 13 and we met when we were 13, my birthday is on the 12th and his is 16th which again, so close to 13, the birthday of the woman who let us live with her both when I was kicked out when I was 15 and when he was kicked out at 18 was on the 13th...it just keeps going. And I placed it on the back of my neck/between my shoulders because both big pieces to my gods are going on the backs of my shoulders. The large tribal owl for Athena on the left and a large image of Pan on the right. So the infinity symbol for faith as well.

No one really thinks of me as too gothy but that's because my face looks so kiddish. The interesting thing is that when I present as Remy, I'm not all that gothic right now. I'm slowly going in that direction, but I didn't start out that way. And even my music taste is gothic. I listen to metal, death metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, foreign metal...there's a theme in there :P I'll post a recent pic at the bottom so you get a good idea. ^_^

I also game! I do DnD, Munchkin, those sorts of things which women don't seem to like much around here. I would go to renn faires if we had them around here We do have a LARPing group I've been thinking about getting into.

Now if we're bragging about music and stuff, I have a set of pan pipes I can play decently well. I've played the regular flute for 11 years, I've played the keyboard and also can sort of play a regular piano if I ignore the foot pedals for 7 years, I have 9 years of vocal training and have won awards there, I play the Djembe drum and I have a handmade gourd drum with goat skin head, and at the latest pagan pride event I won a didgeridoo so now I'm learning how to play that.

So here's my latest pic (sorry if it's huge). You can't see the bottom, but it's Tripp pants and my goth boots:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...62606280_n.jpg
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014