Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I know a few little girls named Claudia... to me it feels just as comfortable as Amelia and Chloe.

Bernadette is fare more middle-aged than quirky-vintage to me, but I still sort of like it. It makes me think of some glamorous French woman.
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/

I like Claudia but not Bernadette. I have never known anyone named either but Bernadette makes me think of someone my mother's age which is not in the charming old lady age but just middle/early senior age. Claudia seems very usable to me, I don't associate it with any time period. When I was growing up I read the series 'The Babysitter's Club' and one of the girls was named Claudia so this is what always pops into my head when I hear it. Definitely not a bad association.
    Andie - Mama to John, Thomas, Isla, Freya and Marigold (12/30/14).

I love Bernadette and the nickname Bernie. As a pp said, it reminds me of Bernadette Peters, and I love her.

I have liked Claudia for a long time, but I would never use it for a child because it means "lame" and it would just seem cruel to use it. There's always a year in school, usually elementary school, where everyone gets to research their own name - I would feel so bad if I used Claudia and my daughter had to say that her name meant that.

I love Bernadette! It is on our list, too! Bernie is just too cute for a girl! Love it.

Claudia is sweet as well! It really doesn't feel dusty to me.
    Mother to Vesper

Baby #2 Due December 2013

Renata, Severine, Sigourney, Ondine, Sybil, Bernadette

Isidore, Ambrose, Cordis, Sylvan, Laszlo

I had a childhood friend named Claudia... we nicknamed her Claude. I think it's a wonderfully quirky name. I know a Bernadette, but it's really never appealed to me. It makes me think of mothballs and dentures.
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara