Names Searched Right Now:
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixedberries

Hello all! I'm Tabby. I've been skulking around Nameberry for a while, but I've only just now created an account. Tabby isn't my real name, but my real name is very unusual (at least in the US), so I very rarely use it online. I was born and raised in the southern US. I'm currently a sophomore/junior (social sophomore, academic junior) at a small-ish liberal arts college in the South. After I graduate, I'll go immediately into grad school, where I'll be earning an MA in Teaching. I plan to teach Literature and French in high school.

I have slight obsessions with Harry Potter, The Big Bang Theory, and Doctor Who. I love all types of outdoorsy things--rock climbing, kayaking, backpacking, and hiking. I was a competitive swimmer for thirteen years in grade school, and I still love to go swimming whenever I get the chance. I recently got into running. I'm really excited to be an "official" member of the Nameberry community!

I'm Hannah, 20, from Northern Ireland, but at uni in the north of England. I've just started my third year of a BSc in Animal Behaviour and Welfare (dissertation year AARGGHH). I tend on doing veterinary medicine after I have finished, though have now decided I'm going to take a year off between to get more practical experience (and give myself a break from academia). Lesson learned from not really trying in the last two years of school and only getting 'okay' A levels. So, obviously, I'm a big animal fan, but I'm into dogs in particular. I have a 5-year-old border terrier called Bodie, whose beautiful face is in my avatar, and after losing three small furries since April this year, just have one baby guinea pig called Portia. I also read a lot and like TV and films, but mostly those set between 1800 and WWII.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

@Hannah- that tends to be my favourite time period too for books and movies I like a lot of characterization- to me it's as important as plot- and for me the main reason I read a novel or watch a movie is to find out what happens to the characters, are they eventually happy with their lives, do they learn/grow as people? I find many modern novels too philosophical/abstract for my taste.

Ahh, sorry for the mini-rant... I love talking about types of novels/writing styles/etc. far too much...
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    @Hannah- that tends to be my favourite time period too for books and movies I like a lot of characterization- to me it's as important as plot- and for me the main reason I read a novel or watch a movie is to find out what happens to the characters, are they eventually happy with their lives, do they learn/grow as people? I find many modern novels too philosophical/abstract for my taste.

Ahh, sorry for the mini-rant... I love talking about types of novels/writing styles/etc. far too much...
    I think one of the main reasons I like that time period is because it's not as familiar to us as the time after that period, but not so different to any time before that as we can't relate at all. Does that make sense? It does in my head anyway, lol.

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Hey there! I think I might belong here? I'm fairly new as well - been lurking on nameberry for a while and finally gave in to making an account and starting to post. My name's Emilie, I'm 24 from Toronto, Canada. I just graduated university, did some odd jobs and now I'm working as a flight attendant. No kids yet but I've been a name nerd since high school, and many lists have been made. Only furbabies for the moment.