Names Searched Right Now:
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixedberries

Quote Originally Posted by pernillemarie View Post
    Haha. Is it like that with your counties also, mixedberries? Like the familiar is boring?
    Yes. Years ago now, when we were doing a Geography survey at school, my classmates met some Australian tourists in Southport. I just couldn't believe it when they reported back. Why would someone want to leave Australia to come and visit somewhere as dull as Southport?? Lol.

EDIT:: Unless of course they were really into lawnmowers... We're quite famous for our Lawnmower Museum
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Yes. Years ago now, when we were doing a Geography survey at school, my classmates met some Australian tourists in Southport. I just couldn't believe it when they reported back. Why would someone want to leave Australia to come and visit somewhere as dull as Southport?? Lol.

EDIT:: Unless of course they were really into lawnmowers... We're quite famous for our Lawnmower Museum

Haha! You just reminded me- several years ago, me and a few friends watched in amazement as a big group of Japanese tourists took pictures of seagulls in Plymouth city centre. They were obsessed with them! It was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. A few parts of 'muff are pretty and historically important. Seagulls in the city centre are not
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Haha! You just reminded me- several years ago, me and a few friends watched in amazement as a big group of Japanese tourists took pictures of seagulls in Plymouth city centre. They were obsessed with them! It was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. A few parts of 'muff are pretty and historically important. Seagulls in the city centre are not
    Oh wow yeah! There were some Chinese tourists doing this exact thing in Liverpool the other day. Totally bizarre!
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

@Irene, Pernille, Ren and Charlie:

I'd love to go Norway! I'm a midwest brazilian and I have never seen snow (though I never miss the oportunity to wear a coat when the termometer drops a mark lol), so it's something I really want to see as soon as possible! And Norway has all those gorgeous landscapes and the northern lights... definitely on my bucket-list. I love seeing other cities as well, so yeah, I'd definitely spend some days in Oslo if I ever go to Norway. It's a very developed country, so it would be nice to see the urban dynamic and compare with my city later - though that would be a bit depressing, I suppose.

In which state is Southport, Ren? Or is it in the UK? In the US, I only know Miami and Orlando, so I'd love to see other big cities (New York, hello!) and some other smaller ones. My friends who went as exchange students to smallers towns loved the experience.

And Italy, yeah. I'd die to go there as well. I'd love to tour all over Europe, basically. When I went there I didn't spend much time in each city (Prague, Paris, Vienna, Budapest and Berlin), but fell in love with all of them, and have been saving money to go back ever since!

And I'm brazilian, but I don't live in São Paulo, Rio, or in a costal city. So whenever I see any tourists here I'm like "WHYYYYYY" - though they're rarely real tourists, mostly come here for work reasons exclusively.

EDIT: lol don't judge the japanese tourists, maybe they like to capture the little details of city? lol, I'm very likely to do the same - I take pictures of everything that moves when I travel.

EDIT 2: yeah, stopping to think about it I do have a picture of myself with the bazillions of pidgeons that occupy Brasilia's government square, so.... no judgements
    Last edited by carolinemchd; December 19th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

___Caroline. 21 year old from Brazil.________________________
    _ Clara | Beatriz | Cecilia | Antonia | Maria | Luisa | Alice
    Tomás | Raul | Bento | Santiago | Vicente | Gael | Max
    ______________________ law student and fulltime couch potato

proud mama of 2 lovely kittens: Frida and Margot. ๑(•ิ.•ั)๑

@renrose. Haha, you definetly made me chuckle! Lawn mowers? Like in different sizes and shapes and stuff! What a bizarre thing to make a museum about.

@carolinemchd. Yes, Norway is beautiful. It really, really is. And Oslo do have a lot to offer, I'm just comparing it to the exotic Brazil or the historic Italy and I'm like "you wanna come HERE?" Haha, I guess it's just a matter of "you isn't know what you have..". My boyfriend and I are actually planning a road trip around Norway and see it "for real" this summer and I'm actually exited!

I am really glad I've gotten to travel. I truly enjoy seing other countries, learning other languages, observing the culture- you name it. It has enriched my life greatly!
    Pernille. 21 year old Norwegianberry (I guess).