Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixedberries

Hybrid View

Mixedberries

So it seems like most berries can be categorized as either teenberries or momberries. Which isn't to say that everyone on this website over age 30 is married/a mother, but still.

However, there are also quite a few of us in the university student/early twenties age group who don't quite fit into either category. We're not in middle/high school, but we're not settling down yet. We don't really have a cute name with the "-berry" suffix.

So, this thread is for that crowd. Because we're definitely a presence on here, too. I figured we may as well have an area for us regulars to get to know each other better outside the context of names. I guess we can just start with name, age, rough geographic location, major/area of study (if applicable), and what everyone's up to at the moment.

I'll start:

I'm Gwen. I'm 19 but I'll be 20 in a few months. I'm at university in Southern California, majoring in Film Production, but I'm from the DC Metro area originally. This weekend, I will mainly be studying and catching up on some editing work I've been putting off forever, and then I'll probably go to Tim Curry movie night on Sunday.

Anyone else?
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

Okay, I definitely fit better into this category. The teenberry forum made me feel old.

I'm Emily, 18, college freshman. As of right now I'm undeclared and don't have a clue what I want to major in. I'm in the South. This weekend I plan to visit family, enjoy the gorgeous weather, and catch up on schoolwork. Or consider catching up on schoolwork anyway.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Do I go here? I don't know. I'm 25 and married but won't be a momberry for at least a couple more years. Plus I'll be going back to school in January so I think I fit more with the students than the mothers. Feel free to kick me out if I'm stumbling into the wrong bracket :P

I will be finishing up my aromatherapy certificate program and then pursuing a four-year degree in herbal medicine with the long-term goal of opening my own apothecary. And I. Can. Not. Wait!!

Plans for the weekend include picking up sandbags, candles, non-perishable grocery items, and lots of books - we're expecting severe flooding. You know when the native Oregonians start freaking out and posting evacuation routes and shelter maps on their city websites that means some SERIOUS rain!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

@southern.maple: I'm intrigued! From what I've been told, a US college is the same as university (colleges are a different thing here) and your major is your subject. So how can you be in college and not have a major? This has confused me since playing Sims University!
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; July 26th, 2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: privacy

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    @southern.maple: I'm intrigued! From what I've been told, a US college is the same as university (colleges are a different thing here) and your major is your subject. So how can you be in college and not have a major? This has confused me since playing Sims University!
    We use college and university interchangeably here. At my university, you can be undeclared, but you have to be undeclared within a school. My university has schools for agriculture, business, education, engineering, liberal arts, nursing, science and mathematics, etc. So say you know that you want to go into engineering but you aren't sure what type of engineering. You would apply to university as undeclared in the College of Engineering, follow a general engineering curriculum model, and then after you've accumulated a certain number of hours (usually by sophomore year), you have to declare a major. Does that make sense?
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline