Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixedberries

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    @southern.maple: I'm intrigued! From what I've been told, a US college is the same as university (colleges are a different thing here) and your major is your subject. So how can you be in college and not have a major? This has confused me since playing Sims University!
    We use college and university interchangeably here. At my university, you can be undeclared, but you have to be undeclared within a school. My university has schools for agriculture, business, education, engineering, liberal arts, nursing, science and mathematics, etc. So say you know that you want to go into engineering but you aren't sure what type of engineering. You would apply to university as undeclared in the College of Engineering, follow a general engineering curriculum model, and then after you've accumulated a certain number of hours (usually by sophomore year), you have to declare a major. Does that make sense?
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I'm Athena or just Thea. I'm 21 and still can't believe time went by so fast. I've lived in New York my entire life, but I am so not a city girl. I'm a bit late, but I'm starting college in January majoring most likely in Culinary Arts. This weekend, I will be joining a gym which is kind of freaking out because I have social anxiety. Crossing my fingerst that I actually go through with it. I'll probably end up reading the twenty or so books that I have out from the library. :P

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post

I'd call us the Intertweenberries by the way
    I am so calling myself a intertweenberry. It's fun to say!
    Last edited by ikfly; September 27th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    We use college and university interchangeably here. At my university, you can be undeclared, but you have to be undeclared within a school. My university has schools for agriculture, business, education, engineering, liberal arts, nursing, science and mathematics, etc. So say you know that you want to go into engineering but you aren't sure what type of engineering. You would apply to university as undeclared in the College of Engineering, follow a general engineering curriculum model, and then after you've accumulated a certain number of hours (usually by sophomore year), you have to declare a major. Does that make sense?
    Ahh ok! So you'd know roughly where you're going, just not exactly. That makes sense
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Sessha and Ren, shoehorn away. I guess this thread is for miscellaneous berries? Transitional berries? If you feel like you belong here, you belong here.

Emily: good luck figuring out what you want to do! Several of my formerly-undeclared friends have just declared majors (we're sophomores.) It's been interesting following their journeys. Honestly, so many people switch majors that it seems like everyone is a bit undeclared.

Sessha: Oooh, herbal medicine. Fascinating. What all do you have to study to earn a degree in that? Good luck with the flooding.

C&P: I'm not sure about Emily's situation, but most US universities have some sort of first-year program for undeclared students that helps them figure out what they enjoy/do well and find a major (ours is called Atlas.) Until then, they just take GE courses (math, languages, etc.)

Ren: Happy birthday! Good luck with the job hunting. I'm absolutely terrified about finding work after I graduate. I'm impressed that you're actually writing your novel--there are 3 different stories that I can't seem to stop thinking about that I doubt will ever see the light of day.

Athena: Yay, books! I almost went to NYU, but then I visited SoCal and couldn't imagine why anyone would ever want to live anywhere else Didn't take long to get over that, though-- now I miss rain!

ETA: Psshh, you all posted while I was typing/discussing mermaids with my roommate. I like 'Intertweenberries'!
    Last edited by geeknamezyo; September 27th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

My brother just left for college in California! I can't wait to visit him. The weather out here is odd. I need some sunshine.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys