Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most versatile names

I think the perfect name is one that could work for all types of people -- one that would be equally fitting for a plain person or a beautiful/handsome person, a tall person or a short person, a bookish person or a popular athlete, a princess or a tomboy, a farmer or a lawyer. So, what names do you love for their versatility?
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

These are the most versatile names that I also like. There are others (Thomas, John, etc) but they just aren't on my favorites list.

Samuel
    William
    James

Lucy
    Lily (I really think it's cute on tomboys)
    Nora
    Kate
    Ellie
    Hannah/Anna

This is a fun question/exercise.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott

Solid classics like Catherine and William and Elizabeth and James -- no doubt because they're so common. Jane is both gorgeous and universal, and I think that Calla is distinctive while still being totally versatile. For boys, August and Dean are both handsome and underused.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

@shujayra: That is a great list! I hadn't thought of Nora, but that fits the versatile criterion perfectly!

@augusta_lee: Ooh, loving the Jane and Calla ideas!

@judyariel: Great, extensive list! I'm glad you think Tess is a versatile name. I've been wondering how well it would fit different types of people.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!