Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most versatile names

I think the perfect name is one that could work for all types of people -- one that would be equally fitting for a plain person or a beautiful/handsome person, a tall person or a short person, a bookish person or a popular athlete, a princess or a tomboy, a farmer or a lawyer. So, what names do you love for their versatility?
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

These are the most versatile names that I also like. There are others (Thomas, John, etc) but they just aren't on my favorites list.

Lily (I really think it's cute on tomboys)

This is a fun question/exercise.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott

Solid classics like Catherine and William and Elizabeth and James -- no doubt because they're so common. Jane is both gorgeous and universal, and I think that Calla is distinctive while still being totally versatile. For boys, August and Dean are both handsome and underused.
    Simon, Eloise/Louise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Conrad, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Dashiell, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Archer, Gabriel, Persephone, Raphael, Dov

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

@shujayra: That is a great list! I hadn't thought of Nora, but that fits the versatile criterion perfectly!

@augusta_lee: Ooh, loving the Jane and Calla ideas!

@judyariel: Great, extensive list! I'm glad you think Tess is a versatile name. I've been wondering how well it would fit different types of people.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!