Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Belen nn Billie???? do-able?

Thanks to everyone who answered my last post on how to accomplish the nn Billie without using a William variation!

Someone suggested Belinda as well as Belice.... To be honest neither are really my cup of tea BUT it did inspire me to the name Belen which has been a name that I have liked for quite a while!

I know that this is a spanish name but with my husband being hispanic and the fact that we speak spanish at home I think it works just fine for us!

What do you think??? would Belen nn Billie work? Do you like it?

here is the pronunciation of Belen just in case you are unsure of how to say it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IebifWQsdlg
    boys names drive me crazy!

I LOVE Belen. I think Billie is a bit stretch (but could work), I prefer just Belen without any nn though.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Belle makes more sense than Billie

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

As a name lover I think it's beautiful...

However I went to school with a Belen and, it seems, people often mistake you as it sounds as if you're about to say bell-end. It only takes a school idiot to add a 'D' onto the end of Belen and make their life hell. The Belen I went to school with was severely bullied and renamed 'bell-end' from the age of 11 to 18.

I hate discouraging people if they really like a name....but perhaps give it a good thought over! Px

Quote Originally Posted by persephone90 View Post
    As a name lover I think it's beautiful...

However I went to school with a Belen and, it seems, people often mistake you as it sounds as if you're about to say bell-end. It only takes a school idiot to add a 'D' onto the end of Belen and make their life hell. The Belen I went to school with was severely bullied and renamed 'bell-end' from the age of 11 to 18.

I hate discouraging people if they really like a name....but perhaps give it a good thought over! Px
    This is exactly what i was thinking. It might only be a problem in the UK, but still not great if she plans to travel.
    Last edited by freya55; September 27th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles