Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I Dreamed of a Name!

I don't know if this is normal for you other berries, but this has never happened to me! In fact the people in my dreams don't even have names because I feel like I know them already. And as far as I remember I've never dreamed of any written words. But last night I dreamed that I was on a game-show type thing on a timer and whoever controlled it knew my answers. The announcer person asked something along the lines of "What is your favorite name, always at the back of your mind?" The time was so close to ending and I felt very urgent. I've never had a 'favorite' name but I said "I don't know, Prescott, Leonidas?" While I love these names, I know they aren't my favorites. The announcer shook his head and pointed to this giant board. And right as the timer buzzed, a name lit up- neon green and in all caps: THOMAS.
    I've always liked Thomas and have used it in a book but have never actually considered it as a name for one of my children, mainly because I don't really like Tom or Tommy and don't think anyone would use Thomas all the time. But in the dream, when I saw Thomas, I felt so relieved I nearly cried, like I finally had my answer.

(I'm not pregnant or trying.) Do think this is my subconscious telling me what I really think is The Name? Or was it just a crazy dream?

Have you ever dreamed of a name? What was it? Did you use it or are you planning to?
    Madison McKenzie

Leonidas Mercer (Leos), Prescott Wolfram, William Lawrence, Abram Athens, Henry Frederic, Thomas Dresden, Aleksander Jerusalem, Christopher Holden, Jonathon Day, Vincent Rory, Louis Rial, Carson Noah

Eleonora Magdalena, Vera November, Ivana Colette, Emilia Isobel, Alivia Marigold, Eliza Annika, Leola Ethel, Cecelia Jane, Romilly Elliana, Loretta Maeve, McKenna Addison

Guilty Pleasures: Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

This did just happen to me earlier in the week as well. I don't remember what happened in my dream very much except that my unborn son was in it and I was calling him Arthur. My husband and I have been trying to pin down a name for our son due in feb and were deciding between Archer and Oliver but neither one felt right. When I woke up in a still half asleep state I just remember feeling like his name was supposed to be Arthur. I had never given the name much thought at all and thought my husband wouldn't like it. As the day progressed, it grew on me and when I told my husband, he actually really liked it. Now we are feeling like it is perfect and solved the problems we are having with the other two names (Archer being pretty trendy but lacking substance and Oliver possibly becoming super popular in the US but having history).

I have had dreams about telling people names I like and they laugh and say they hate them! But unfortunately I have never dreamed of "the perfect name". However, I did have a dream last week about what my friend should name her baby boy.... they are not telling anyone the name until he is born, so I won't know if they use my dream suggestion until late November!

I had a dream about a boy named Tobias once. And I do really like that name. Our subconscious is strange, I don't try to understand it.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

haha, that's a pretty awesome dream! I've never dreamed that sort of dream, but I dream about names all the time! I remember pretty consistently that even if nobody calls me by my name, I know if I'm Ashley in the dream, or if I'm someone else (it's very odd, I dream of being myself, but being someone else at the same time? Like my sister of brother or some random girl named Rachel, etc.!), and intuitively, even if I never heard someone's name, I still have a general idea of what the person's name is--I remember having this one dream once that I fell in love with this guy who had had a thing for me for a really long time, but he felt subconscious since he was older than me (I don't remember how many years, haha--maybe close to 10). I never learned his name, no one ever said it, but I felt like he was a Jason. I don't know why. I play name games all the time, though--when I go shopping or as I pass other cars on the highway I'll just watch people and guess what sort of name they "look" like.

I have had a couple dreams about having babies/adopting, too... The dreams were super weird, so I won't really elaborate, but I remember dreaming that I had a Josephine Ruth, an Elizabeth Caroline Rachel (whose name I had planned to change to Rachel Elizabeth Caroline), an Olive, and adopted two girls and changed their names from Delaney and Kylee to Elena and Kaia. Ironically, most of those aren't even favorites, and while I still LOVE Rachel (and Olivia, nn Olive/Liv(y)), they wouldn't make me lean toward using them over my true favorites (which I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, and Violet). Strangely enough, I always dream about having girls, never boys. I've always thought it was because I always really, really wanted little girls (and not boys!), but now I desperately want both (although I still want more girls!), so I don't know. I'd be happy to dream about having a little boy.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George