Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Usable?

Usable?

In a perfect naming world I would likely use either Wolfram or Wulfric for a boy of mine. DH is vehemently opposed as are the family members I've mentioned it to (lesson learned not to discuss names with family other than DH)! My brothers comment was, "unless your last name is Van Halen, there is no way to pull off Wolf". Can you tell what decade he grew up in?

Are these names so hard to wear? Do you consider them usable? Do you have a preference between the two?

They would certainly be bold choices. Unless you had some heritage/other tie that connects you to them, I can see why you've come across resistance from family & friends.

Since DH is "vehemently opposed", does it really even matter if they're useable?

You don't have to be in Van Halen to pull off Wolf. Since your husband is vehemently opposed to Wolfram/Wulfric/Wolf anyway, I would move on.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

They are very STRONG masculine names, but if hubby is opposed, they aren't for you. Personally, I think the names are being set up for a lot of werewolf/wolf/dog jokes as your son gets older.
    Liam Anthony 7/18/08
    *Patrick Robert* *Oliver Scott* *Colin Thomas*
    *Kathryn Rose* *Vivian Claire* *Juliet Annaliese* *Ariana Joy*