Names Searched Right Now:
Page 124 of 470 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenberries!

@Em - All cleared out now
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

@Em- That's awful about the racial prejudice, but the world is so interconnected now, lots of people have surnames from countries they don't identify with. Apparently, soon there won't even be true races in the world because everyone is so mixed. I personally say keep it; Spanish names are beautiful (I've got one too) but no one here understands your situation like you do, so to just go for what works best for you with everyone's advice in mind is what I suggest
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

@Izzy: Thank you so much. Spanish names are beautiful. And it's honoring my TRUE father. I really appreciate your input.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

@Em- Sorry you've gone through racial prejudice because of your last name. I live in one of the most multicultural cities in the world where everyone's used to names they can neither spell nor pronounce without lots of practice, and no one gets discriminated against for it! But if you live in a place where you feel it could hurt your future career prospects, etc., I think you're totally justified in changing it. Obviously your stepdad would want what's best for you, so if not using his surname would make you more successful in life I think it's okay. Could you talk to your stepdad (and maybe mum) about it, explaining your reasons? If he's had similar issues with it and/or thought of changing it himself at some point, he'd probably be more open to you doing so. And do it ASAP! I've thought of changing my surname for various reasons but worry it's already too late especially since in the field I hope to go into (journalism) name recognition is very important.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

@Lauren: I also live in a multicultural city (Miami). There are many cultures here, but I just happen to live in a mostly all-American part of it. It won't affect my future career. Just a few girls who like to make fun of me because of my last name. And he isn't my stepdad, he's my dad. He raised me like his own, and I get very offended when people call him my stepdad. Blood relations don't matter to me. He's been in my life almost forever. Please don't call him that. Thanks.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)