Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Do we have any TV show addicts around here?

I am near the end of my Castle binge (I am not kidding when I say I pulled an all nighter to cram in one whole season - a total of 24 episodes at 40 minutes each!!) and it got me thinking: does anyone else watch TV shows? Like, are as obsessed with them as myself?

My favourite type of show is crime and I favourite the American ones over the British, which makes watching them harder but worth it! Like I said, I am right now nearing the end of my Castle binge (I just finished episode 19 of season 7) and I'm onto Criminal Minds next, with Law & Order: SVU afterwards - yes, I plan my binges. I also love Rizzoli & Isles (the first show I properly adored and I'm mourning the fact R&I only have 1 season left, boo) and I have seen quite a few Hawaii Five-0 episodes, although I plan to watch the whole show from the beginning when I can.

The shows I watch:
    • Rizzoli & Isles
    • Castle
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Orange Is the New Black
    • The Fosters
    • Pretty Little Liars
    • Fuller House (I am hoping to start on Full House as it's now on UK Netflix!)
    • Orphan Black
    • The Originals
    • The Vampire Diaries
    • How To Get Away With Murder

And I have seen every Friends episode at least 15 times, thanks to Comedy Central. I also plan to watch The 100, Scandal, Sense8, I have seen a season of Private Practice, Prison Break, Jessica Jones, Homeland and Breaking Bad. So, yeah, I have a lot to watch but I can comfortably get through a load of seasons a week so it shouldn't be too hard.

So, does anyone else share my love for TV shows? Any favourites? Does anyone watch the shows I watch or should I go back under my rock with Netflix, a blanket and a stash of junk food?
    Eryn19-year-old TV junkie, auntie to two, passionate feminist, LGBTQ+ member and name enthusiast.

Archer Knox ∙ August Henry ∙ Elijah Blake ∙ Ezra Bellamy ∙ Jude Emerson ∙ Leo Thatcher ∙ Luca Maddox ∙ Reuben Levi
    Alaska Romilly ∙ Alexa Carmen ∙ Calliope Wren ∙ Eden Marlowe ∙ Isadora Lilac ∙ Juno Cosima ∙ Octavia Lily ∙ Saskia Ruby

BoysGirlsCombos

Hey, @eoxima! Definitely not the only TV addict here. There was a time where I kept up with 20-25 shows on a weekly basis, but I don't have time for that anymore, lol. It got me through my depressed years, though. I found TV to be an oasis/escape. I try to stick to about 5 shows at a time, but I'm not sure I've stuck to that at the moment? These are the ones I really love:

Supergirl
    Blindspot
    The Flash
    Arrow
    When Calls the Heart
    Heartbeat (just found this a couple days ago and I'm already in love! I'm hit-and-miss with medical dramas, but, as unrealistic as it is, I love the characters and the personality of the show.)

I mainly get sucked in by superhero and spy shows, but I'm sometimes pulled in by scifi, hopeless-romantic-Christian-fiction (hence When Calls the Heart!), cop procedurals, and historical and literary stuff. They're not on the air right now, but I also *LOVE* Rizzoli & Isles (omgoodness. I almost cried when I saw an Angie Harmon interview where she talked about it being the last season...), Marvel's Agent Carter, and BBC's The Musketeers. I also binge-watch The Graham Norton Show clips on Youtube. :]

I couldn't stick with Castle after Kate and Castle got together, but it's probably one of my favorite shows of all time. Same with Bones (which I have bingewatched over-night!).

P.S. The ones I most miss being on the air are Eureka, Covert Affairs, Intelligence, Rookie Blue (a joint Canadian-American show), Crossing Lines (not sure if it's off the air or not, but I haven't bothered finding it again on Netflix because I hear they killed off half the cast. I used to love it so much! It was a procedural set in Europe, and didn't feel like an American show, but it was really, really cool.), State of Affairs, and Hart of Dixie. If you're looking for show ideas. Most fit into what you seem to like, I think. I'm planning on checking out Nikita and Smallville soon, I think, too. Canceled shows, but they had long runs!
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; April 2nd, 2016 at 09:59 PM.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction.

Isabelle ▪ Caleb ▪ Arianne ▪ Everett ▪ Olivia ▪ Casper

Thinking about:

Aviva IrisKoa JamesEliora Rachel "Lola"
    Rio IsaiahKaia ElisabethJudah Ikaika

I've recently started a story--join me! havengermany.blogspot.com

I wouldn't quite call myself an addict but I definitely do enjoy watching shows on Netflix.

These are some of my favorites:
    El Gran Hotel Its Spanish (from Spain) soap opera, and its really amazing. The show is on Netflix with English subtitles. It takes place in the early 1900s and it is a mystery-whodunit type show.
    Call the Midwife- probably one of my favorite shows.
    The Time in between- also a Spanish Show with English subtitles, that takes place doing the Spanish Civil War and World War II.
    Gilmore Girls- I just barely started watching it, and I really enjoy it.
    Outlander- I am really excited for the next season
    Agent Carter- I just started watching it and I really enjoy it. I love 40's fashion as well.
    Downton Abbey- I need to catch up.
    Raiders of the Lost Art- I am huge art history nerd, so I really enjoyed the six episodes especially the one on Faberge Eggs.
    Raquel-23 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Rose Caroline, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter, Marina Adelaide, Emmeline Margot, Alice Primrose,Annabel Frances, Catherine Isabella, Vivienne Lucille
    Gentlemen: Frederick Arthur Louis, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett, Edmund Tobias, Asher Benjamin, and James Raphael

@ashthedreamer: I was interested in The Flash and Arrow but I'm not interested in superheroes, is that gonna be an issue or do you think I could enjoy the shows regardless? TV shows are also my escape, hence why I watch so many! I spend most nights doing craft stuff and watching Castle, it's soooo relaxing. By Heartbeat, are you referring to the British show set a few decades ago in the countryside featuring the nurses? I used to watch that if so.

I am also glad to find another Rizzoli & Isles lover, I watch it at the same time as Americans online but we're around half a season behind in England so I rewatch them too, and a channel over here has all of the American crime shows on it so I am in heaven! Lol. I also love The Graham Norton Show, as well as Alan Carr's Chatty Man and The Jonathan Ross Show! They're all hilarious, especially Chatty Man because the celebs tend to get drunk.

Why couldn't you stick with Castle when Caskett was a thing? I am the opposite, I was eagerly awaiting them getting together and it has been amazing since. Waiting until the season 4 finale for them to become an item was hell on earth haha, I love them! I also used to watch Smallville for a superhero project in English class like 5 years ago and I found it cool.

@rpg19: I used to watch Call The Midwife sometimes, but I couldn't get into it unfortunately. Saying that, our BBC channel always airs a Christmas episode of it so I do watch it then. I have seen a lot of people talk about how great Downton Abbey is and unfortunately I missed it here, is it any good?
    Eryn19-year-old TV junkie, auntie to two, passionate feminist, LGBTQ+ member and name enthusiast.

Archer Knox ∙ August Henry ∙ Elijah Blake ∙ Ezra Bellamy ∙ Jude Emerson ∙ Leo Thatcher ∙ Luca Maddox ∙ Reuben Levi
    Alaska Romilly ∙ Alexa Carmen ∙ Calliope Wren ∙ Eden Marlowe ∙ Isadora Lilac ∙ Juno Cosima ∙ Octavia Lily ∙ Saskia Ruby

BoysGirlsCombos

Lately I've been more addicted than I once was since at this point I can barely get a full night's sleep. I've been binge watching "Call the Midwife", "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" (awesome, awesome, awesome!) and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" which is so silly, but I love it because I laugh so much. I was once an avid Castle watcher, but grew a bit bored with it. I think I stopped on season 6... I also used to love "The Mentalist", "House MD" and there's also my love for "Friends" which has been a constant in my life. Phoebe is my absolute favorite character.
    Mom to Peter, Sabina and Dorothy
    Other loves...
    <Elysia Catherine Snow ><Eustace Marigold><Adele Amapola>Wallace Wintertale><Antonia Songbird><Poppy Celeste><Helena Bluejay><Viola Hildegarde><Elyes Malcolm Pearl><Olga Primrose><Otto Benedict Rue><Basil Theodore Willem>