Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Childless by choice.

I have made my decision.

I've pondered for so long on whether I want children or not, and I've finally decided that I don't for many reasons. Luckily, my SO is on board with this and thinks it's the best for us. The problem is that I still LOVE names. I guess it's too bad that I'll never get to use any of my favorites. Oh well. Are there any berries that can relate? I know this is technically a *baby* names site, so I wouldn't be surprised if being childless by choice is in the minority.

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas  

I think we've had a thread about this before. I know there are definitely more people here who've made that choice!
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I'm just a teenager so my thoughts change a lot! When I was younger ages 6-14 I really wanted kids, when I got to 14-15 I didn't want kids now I'm 15 I really want kids (In the future) so I think I do want kids and I really love babies and I was told by my parents friends who all have really young children that I'm really great with them. I was told I was a pro! When I was little I loved dolls and I would pretend they were real babies and I would name them and give them middle names etc... And I was really good at looking after my dolls I treated them like real babies and children.
    River Philip ~ Corey Dean ~ Phoenix Brogan ~ Indiana Jace ~ Macaulay Miles ~
    Albert Franklin ~ David Cole ~ Trevor Cole ~ Walter Cole ~ Matthew Kieran ~
    Morgan Hugh ~ Shane Atticus ~ Elijah Mark ~ Henry Evan ~ Joaquin Roel ~
    Emerson Sennett.

Shannen Moira ~ Heather Michele ~ Vada Margaret ~ Haley Joelle ~ Connie Quinn ~
    Dakota Lesley ~ Ashley June ~ Helen Arlene ~ Regan Linda ~ Sylvia Lorraine ~
    Collette Maureen ~ Melanie Jillian ~ Mary Jean ~ Summer Joy ~ Liberty April ~
    Thea Judith.

I know I want children, the question for me is, biological or not. I really feel drawn to fostering and adopting children that need a stable home.

Good for you though to make the best decision for you! Society seems to pressure all women into having children when there is nothing wrong with deciding not to have any!

@renrose Thanks! I searched, but couldn't find that particular thread. Could you link me to it, maybe? It may not be active discussion, but I'd probably like to read it.

@chloe Well, that's good for you. Children just aren't for me, it would seem. I love other people's, I just don't have maternal feelings towards despite the fact that I'm 22 (which, where I live, is baby having age. Many of my peers already have 2 or more children.)

@jennifer Adoption is one of the most selfless thing I have ever witnessed and it would be an amazing thing if you decide to/can do it! Why add another child to the world when there are so many already without homes or families? I do feel a lot of pressure, not only from society, but from my own family who know that I don't want them. It's a shame that women are ultimately considered baby makers and if you aren't popping out children, then you aren't a "real woman." That's just what I've observed out of all the reactions I get. It's disheartening.
    Last edited by oiseau; December 19th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas