Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do you pick a name for your car?

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I just bought a new car today, and I'm curious. All the cars I've ever driven/owned have all had FN/MN combos and are always girls' names (Lucia, Ella, Elodie). In hindsight, it's probably a bad idea, but I can't stop. My new car is a navy Honda Civic, and I'm thinking about calling her Bluebell. It seems too obvious, but I guess we'll see. I've also thought about Hazel and Bianca.

So how do you pick names for the cars you own?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about:

Annora SophieThatcher JosephDaisy ElianaBenno Elijah
    Ryland OscarJulia AnnelieseAlexander Larkin "Sasha"Grace Charlotte
    Felicity EdithJude ColumbusGreta IsabelleSamson Leo

I've recently started a story--join me! havengermany.blogspot.com

My car currently is named Clara. I named her that because she just felt like a Clara. Plus, I like the name.

My old car was Bob. It was my parents' old car. I don't think that one had any meaning but a few of our other cars did. Their smaller car is Dysnomia which is a moon of Eris (my youngest sister is really into astronomy so she suggested it and the name just stuck). The big car is a Ford Flex which they named Henry after Henry Ford.

As for older cars, we had a car named Lloyd. I suggested that one. We had bought the car in Ann Arbor, MI so it had a license plate holder that said "M Go Blue!" (for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor). We're Michigan fans and Lloyd Carr was a past head coach for the football team. Lloyd Carr the car. I'm still proud of fourth-grade-me for coming up with that. When I was really little, they had Tom Celica (Tom Selleck). They're really proud of that one to this day and that car's been gone for 10+ years. I think Bluebell is a great name for your car!
    Abby|17|Writer|Competitive Dancer|Class of 2017

Eloise Orchid | Saela Vesper | Arianne Etoile | Maeve Annabeth | Lucia Daphne
    Cleo Rhiannon | Kaia Elodie | Emmeline Lily | Sabrina Fleur | Thalia Avril
    Iris | Juno | Nola

Dashiell Heath | August Laurence | Percy Mathias | Lachlan Sage | Memphis Grey
    Archer Murray | Nolan Shepherd | Felix Orion | Eliot Magnus | Nico Xavier
    Rory | Torin | Flynn

Thinking about... Brielle, Viviana Schuyler and Cassian "Caz" ... right now

Well, I used to drive my mom's mini van, a Windstar...we some how took "Windstar" and morphed it into Weba. And the name stuck...lol. My first car was just known as "The Honda".

My new-to-me car's name is "Oh please work"..."Come on!" for short :P

I was polling coworkers today, and I got everything from "the car" to (when prompted to suggest "fancy European names") Eloise and Camille (not too shabby, I'd say!) and even Lily.

My running list includes Hazel, Cecilia, Bianca, Jane, Giovanna, Amelia, and maybe Indira/Indigo. I feel like Bluebell was the kind of name I'd initially think to give a car (my dad bought a red car for me to use once, and I was sure I'd call her Ruby until I met her, and then she became Ella Ruby instead). I don't like naming my cars for obvious traits, lol. Cecilia and Giovanna are my top two right now, and Hazel and Bianca aren't too far behind. None of them is striking me as "the one" right now, though. Maybe I need to drive her around more to get a better feel.

@namergirl, omgoodness, I HOPE that's not my new nickname for my car! I specifically went with a Civic because of their reputations for being one of the most reliable cars out there. Let's hope she doesn't let me down!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about:

Annora SophieThatcher JosephDaisy ElianaBenno Elijah
    Ryland OscarJulia AnnelieseAlexander Larkin "Sasha"Grace Charlotte
    Felicity EdithJude ColumbusGreta IsabelleSamson Leo

I've recently started a story--join me! havengermany.blogspot.com

I just got my first car. Named him after a character, Long John Silver. I suppose I'll keep up with that trend and name future cars after book characters.
    Ben
    ✈ airplanes and writing ✎

Ty Benjamin | Serena Estelle
    River Augustus | Soleil Veronique
    Leander Pierce | Zara Bee
    Sebastien Louis | Augusta Wren