Names Searched Right Now:

Lightbulb To be or Not To Be Jealous

I don't know why I feel envious and jealous of my friend at the moment. I am also extremely happy and excited for her. Just can't stop the jealous feeling that has been eating quietly away at me since I found out.

One of my friends is expecting twins, twin girls to be exact. They are over the moon excited right now and I couldn't be happier for them. However, they never wanted kids and it was an unexpected surprise. My SO and I plan to try right after we get married in October.

Do I sound ridiculous for being jealous? I think it's more thay they are having twins then a baby to be precise. I know it sounds cliche and such but I've wanted twins since I was a little girl of six. I know all about the ups and downs of twins, with my cousin having twins I used to babysit regularly and still do occasionally. Twins run in my family, so I know what I'm getting into for wanting them. So please no backlash for being a part of the twin bug.

My question is am I a horrible person for being jealous of my friend's happiness?
    Jaz | WTTC 2016/2017
    ♡♡♡
    Hana Himes:
    Arabelle Delphine "Belle" | Genevieve Anouk "Neve" | Hermione Alice "Remy" | Seraphine Isla "Finn" | Guinevere Noelle "Gwen" | Daphne Rowena | Athena Gisele "Attie" | Fleur Artemis | Aurora Persephone "Rory" | Luna Antonia | Cassia Yseult

Bushi Oujis:
    Rhys Alexander Emrys | Kai Sirius | Asher Flynn | Julien Theodore | Leon Apollo

If you want something very much and someone else gets it, I think it's only human to feel a bit envious. But I'm afraid you're just gonna have to get over it. You can't let it get in the way of your friendship or let it take control over other feelings you may have. So to answer your question: being a bit jealous does not make you a bad person, but don't make it any more important than it actually is.
    Jacoby Marcellus
    04/2016

Salka Rosemary * Olive Rebecca * Agnes Pearl * Tove Magnolia * Esther Magdalene * Eugenia Pernille * Susanna Timea

Felix Elton * Peter Caius * Linus Alexander * Gabriel Jerome * Johannes Merlin * Kjartan Zachariah * Finnegan Pontus * Cornelius Eugene

No, you aren't a horrible person for being jealous. As @antonelle said, it is only human at times. However, if you let your jealousy manifest and show in how you interact with your friend, you run the risk of losing a good friend and two baby friends, instead of gaining them. You can't let your feelings get in the way of her happiness or of your friendship. At my wedding, I had a so-called friend there who spent the entire time crying and whimpering, literally, and telling people she wanted that so badly but would never have that. I felt bad for her, but let the friendship fizzle out soon after because her actions that day were the cherries on top of long-held jealousy she held and let show. And in the end, I had to make the decision of "Do I really want this person in my life anymore if she is only going to be negative all the time?" Let that be a word of caution for you. Your friend could very well have to make the same choice I had to make. Instead of being negative about it, help her out. Be constructive. Your family has twins in it, so you have knowledge and tips you could give her. It's not fair to be upset with over two little miracles. There is no guarantee that you will ever have twins yourself, so you can't be mad at anyhow who does. I get the jealous feelings over pregnancy (I am TTC and it does occasionally get to me, seeing people announce their pregnancies while I have been unsuccessful), but I had to let it go.
    Alyssa

Married since 06/2015...TTC 2016...hoping for a 2017 Miracle!
    List under construction, as always