Results 11 to 15 of 37
September 26th, 2013 05:06 PM #11
Here are the ones i like. the bold ones are my favorite.
Lewis/Louis- I prefer the Lewis pronunciation to loo-ee.
Toby- prefer it as a nn for Tobias or Tobin
Morwenna- more of a GP
Rosamond- prefer Rosamund i also like Rosaline or Rosemary or Rosemarie
And the Honourable Mentions list;
Lawson- a GP of mine
Your other ones are not bad, but not my style.Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
Current Favorites:| Zoe | Jane | Cecily | Marta | Ariadne | Elizabeth | Athena | Petra | Susannah | Mary |
| Dimitri | Linus | Gus | Augustus | Jude | Thomas | Basil | Jonas | Augustine | Jasper |
Pondering: | Ana | Cecilia | Hermione | Miriam |
Have a fabulous day!
September 26th, 2013 05:09 PM #13Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
Wow! You have some really great names on your lists. I am going to give you my Top 5 from each gender and then tell you which honorable mentions I really adore.
1. Callum - I think this name is handsome and masculine sounding. How do you plan on pronouncing it? Many people have told me it's Cay-lum, but I have been told that it's also pronounced Call-um, which I prefer.
2. Joseph - I know this name is popular, not trendy, but popular. I can't help but love the classic-ness of it. Plus Joey is a pretty cool nickname.
3. Connor - This name just seems so happy to me, every Connor I have ever known has been a real sweetheart.
4. Joel - This not as often used Biblical name is great. I think it's easy to say, easy to spell and has something special about it.
5. Adam - Classic and handsome.
Honorable Mention Names - I really love - Jack and Lawson. Jack is cute for a little boy, a young man, or a Grandpa; it really ages well. Lawson is handsome sounding and different. While it is familiar, it isn't necessarily widely used.
1. Iris - This is currently in my top list as well. Iris, it just says a certain special something about it. Reminds me of springtime. Plus the meaning is rainbow, so I think of colors and happiness.
2. Margaret - This name has been growing on me more and more lately. It must be the charm of a classic, tried and true name. I also love the nn option of Maggie!
3. Cecilia - While the meaning of this name, "blind", isn't the best meaning, this name is truly stunning. Cecilia, I think classic elegance.
4. Eleanor - Love Eleanor! Unfortunately my DH vetoed it, but it is beautiful and has nn potential if you want your child to have a nn.
5. Rosamond - I really like Rosamond, it's a beautiful Rose name, I slightly prefer Rosalind, but I think Rosamond is a classic name that is vastly underused.
Honorable Mention Girl Name - I have always found Ophelia to be a beautiful name.
Hope this helps!
September 26th, 2013 05:12 PM #15Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
September 26th, 2013 05:15 PM #17
Adam: It's not a bad name, but it's one of those names that doesn't really stand out like some of the others you listed.
Andrew: I had a bad connection, but it's a nice name.
Bennett: I really like this name; I'd like to meet a Bennett.
Callum: I like this.
Christopher: I prefer this as a MN.
Connor/Conor: I've never seemed to like this name. I knew about 5 in my grade.
Elliott: I love this name.
Harrison: This has cute NN options.
Hayden: I know this is a unisex name, but I feel it's more feminine.
Henry: I adore this name.
Joel: I think this is a cute name.
Joseph: I prefer it in the MN slot.
Lewis/Louis: I like this name, whether it's the lou-is or lou-e pronunciation.
Michael: I like it.
Toby: There is something so adorable about this name. I really like it.
Agatha: I feel this name is dated, but if it was to honor someone, it'd be better in the MN spot.
Augusta: One feminization that I'm not a fan of. There's just something off about it.
Blythe: Cute MN option.
Cecilia: I prefer the Cecelia spelling. Lovely name though.
Clementine: I like this as a MN.
Delphine: Not really a fan of this, it's just too out there.
Eleanor: Love this name.
Florence: Lovely name.
Iris: Lovely choice for a MN.
Margaret: Lovely name with great NN options.
Martha: I feel this is outdated.
Millicent: I really like this.
Morwenna: This is a tad out there for my taste.
Ottilie: When I say this name, it sounds weird. It's interesting, but a little bit out there.
Rosamond: I like this, but more as a MN than a FN.
And the Honourable Mentions list;
Ophelia: It's okay, not really one of my favorites.
Sophia: A bit too popular for my taste, but I really like it.
Charlotte: I've fallen out of love with this name, I still like it, but not like I used to.
Olive: I always thought this name was cute.
Mason: I'm kind of indifferent because it seems too popular, but I like it.
Jack: Adorable on any age.
Landon: First thought is of A Walk to Remember. It's an okay name.
Lawson: This is one surname name that I can't see being a legitimate name. It's not bad though.
August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
Eve - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally - Zanna
September 26th, 2013 05:30 PM #19Top Names: Benedict Zeal & Noelle Geneva
Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
Eli/Calvin: Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
TTC this year!!