Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm liking many names on your list so it's going to be a challenge to whittle it down. I'll attempt to get it down to a top five list.

Boys:

Adam - A Biblical classic. I don't hear too many Adams running around.
    Andrew - a classic but kind of bland
    Bennett - a medieval version of Benedict
    Callum - getting popular. It's ok but I'm hearing it a lot.
    Christopher - better in the middle spot
    Connor/Conor - I have a negative association with this name so it's not a fave of mine
    Elliott - There's nothing wrong with this name but I've just haven't warmed to it.
    Harrison - one of the more distinguished "surnames as first names" choice
    Hayden - trendy
    Henry - It took me awhile to see its charm.
    Joel - I prefer Joseph but this is ok
    Joseph - a Biblical gem
    Lewis/Louis - I prefer the French spelling and pronunciation (Louis-"loo-ee")
    Michael - overused forever. I find it boring.
    Toby - I think this is a cute nn but only for a Tobias. I don't think it ages well.

Top Five

Louis
    Adam
    Bennett
    Henry
    Joseph

Girls:

Agatha - an unappreciated vintage name with a great literary pedigree.
    Augusta - strong and forceful
    Blythe - better in the middle spot, Augusta Blythe would be gorgeous!
    Cecilia - I prefer Cecily. This is too frilly for my taste. Cecilia Blythe is pretty!
    Clementine - sweet and sassy
    Delphine - chic and French. If I had to pick between the "ine" names, Clementine would win by a hair!
    Eleanor- Majestic beauty
    Florence - I don't like place names but this one has a lot of vintage charm.
    Iris - One of my favourite flower names.
    Margaret - An underused classic with loads of nickname options. I also love the French version, Marguerite.
    Martha - kind of clunky so it would go with a sister named Olive.
    Millicent - one of my favourite vintage names. I love the way it blends million and innocent.
    Morwenna - I like this name but not enough.
    Ottilie - Pretty. I also like Odilia and Odile.
    Rosamond - I love this name but I do prefer the "u" spelling - Rosamund.

And the Honourable Mentions list;

Ophelia - better in the middle spot due to the pronunciation "O-feel-ya"
    Sophia - I prefer the French version Sophie - it's much friendlier and down-to-earth. Sophia is really overused.
    Charlotte - elegant and ladylike.
    Olive - clunky

Top Five

Agatha
    Augusta
    Iris
    Millicent
    Charlotte

Mason - nearly 19,000 boys were given this name in one year. Kardashian overkill?
    Jack - popular but I love it!
    Landon - OK but very trendy
    Lawson - a road near where I live and someone I know named their dog Lawson so it doesn't appeal to me.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I'm liking many names on your list so it's going to be a challenge to whittle it down. I'll attempt to get it down to a top five list.

Boys:

Adam - A Biblical classic. I don't hear too many Adams running around.
    Andrew - a classic but kind of bland
    Bennett - a medieval version of Benedict
    Callum - getting popular. It's ok but I'm hearing it a lot.
    Christopher - better in the middle spot
    Connor/Conor - I have a negative association with this name so it's not a fave of mine
    Elliott - There's nothing wrong with this name but I've just haven't warmed to it.
    Harrison - one of the more distinguished "surnames as first names" choice
    Hayden - trendy
    Henry - It took me awhile to see its charm.
    Joel - I prefer Joseph but this is ok
    Joseph - a Biblical gem
    Lewis/Louis - I prefer the French spelling and pronunciation (Louis-"loo-ee")
    Michael - overused forever. I find it boring.
    Toby - I think this is a cute nn but only for a Tobias. I don't think it ages well.

Top Five

Louis
    Adam
    Bennett
    Henry
    Joseph

Girls:

Agatha - an unappreciated vintage name with a great literary pedigree.
    Augusta - strong and forceful
    Blythe - better in the middle spot, Augusta Blythe would be gorgeous!
    Cecilia - I prefer Cecily. This is too frilly for my taste. Cecilia Blythe is pretty!
    Clementine - sweet and sassy
    Delphine - chic and French. If I had to pick between the "ine" names, Clementine would win by a hair!
    Eleanor- Majestic beauty
    Florence - I don't like place names but this one has a lot of vintage charm.
    Iris - One of my favourite flower names.
    Margaret - An underused classic with loads of nickname options. I also love the French version, Marguerite.
    Martha - kind of clunky so it would go with a sister named Olive.
    Millicent - one of my favourite vintage names. I love the way it blends million and innocent.
    Morwenna - I like this name but not enough.
    Ottilie - Pretty. I also like Odilia and Odile.
    Rosamond - I love this name but I do prefer the "u" spelling - Rosamund.

Ophelia - better in the middle spot due to the pronunciation "O-feel-ya"
    Sophia - I prefer the French version Sophie - it's much friendlier and down-to-earth. Sophia is really overused.
    Charlotte - elegant and ladylike.
    Olive - clunky

Top Five

Agatha
    Augusta
    Iris
    Millicent
    Charlotte

Mason - nearly 19,000 boys were given this name in one year. Kardashian overkill?
    Jack - popular but I love it!
    Landon - OK but very trendy
    Lawson - a road near where I live and someone I know named their dog Lawson so it doesn't appeal to me.
    Thank you! That was my concern with Mason, haha, I love it, but I think those (less than) charming Kardashians ruined that (as well as Penelope) for me.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Sure thing! Keep in mind that a name will sound better or worse depending on how it flows with your last name, which we're unaware of.

Adam- I like but I feel like it is becoming too popular. I wouldn't chose this for myself or my kids but wouldn't cringe at it either. It's just average.
    Andrew- same as adam
    Bennett- think that this one is super cute!
    Callum- another cute name! I could see this on somebody of any age, similar to Bennett. I like that it's not overused but it's familiar.
    Christopher- same as Adam/andrew. and I just broke up with a chris, so i sort of hate this name now. funny how exes do that!
    Connor/Conor- Please, for the love of god, do not spell it Conor. Stick with the legit spelling, which is cuter and an awesome name.
    Elliott- This is a family name for me and I want to use it one day, so I love it. I think it's also charming yet not overused.
    Harrison- I like this name but prefer Harris. A solid choice if not paired with a long last name.
    Hayden- I can't stand this name. I feel like it only works on a baby, and is too similar to Jayden, Braden, Kayden, etc. Sounds lower class to me.
    Henry- a cute classic! never gets old and works well. Love hank as a nickname.
    Joel- I definatly like this name but it isn't my favorite. Good with a long last name.
    Joseph- see Adam, etc.
    Lewis/Louis- I personally prefer the Louis spelling but I don't think that you can go wrong either way since both are legitimate. I love this name!
    Michael- classic!
    Toby- for some reason I can't stand this name. Not sure why, it's just a personal dislike. That being said, I respect the name and think it's a solid choice for other people, it's not like Jayden or anything.

Agatha- I love the antique feel of this name! Know one nicknamed Aggie
    Augusta- I think that this is a nice name as well.
    Blythe- Strikes me as a little too dreadlock hippie of a name. I couldn't take a blythe seriously in a buisness meeting.
    Cecilia- love this one. Sounds bubbly and old fashioned, yet I would find it cute on a baby and as a solid choice for an adult.
    Clementine- Cute on a baby, but I wouldn't take it seriously in a meeting. A little too cutesy out of the nursery. Good name for a cat!
    Delphine- I'm not too familiar with this name so it strikes me as having an exotic pedigree.
    Eleanor- Love this name! I think it is classic yet underused. nn: Elle, Ellie, Norrie, Nora
    Florence- obsessed with this name. Cute on a baby "ren" or even without the nickname, but serious enough for corperate life. love the assocaition with florence and the machine!
    Iris- like this name, dont love it.
    Margaret- I think its pretty but i'm not crazy about Maggie. Good timeless classic though.
    Martha- a little bit masculine sounding for me but I still like it.
    Millicent- don't love it but don't hate it either. I wouldn't want to be named Millicent. I do love the nickname Millie though!
    Morwenna- no. sounds fake to me. I know it probably isn't but it still sounds made up.
    Ottilie- cute, but pronounciation might be an issue. Doesn't sound professional.
    Rosamond- I'm assuming you would use rose since it sounds too clunky, but it depends on your surname. do you ponounce roz (rhymes with oz) a mund or rose a mond?

Ophelia- Like this better than Ottilie.
    Sophia- I like this but it's too popular, your kid would be known as Sophia K. or Sophia S. or whatever.
    Charlotte- love this. sounds french and classic
    Olive- I think this is a good choice too but am worried that it's a trendy name.

Mason- I love occupational names, but this is too popular. Shucks!
    Jack- I like this but would rather a John nn Jack
    Landon- cool name. solid choice. Don't love or hate.
    Lawson- same as Landon. I like it a little better.

Girl favorites from your list- Cecilia, Charlotte, Eleanor, and Florence.

Boy favorites- Bennett, Callum, Elliott, and Harrison.

Boys:

Adam - This is OK. It's classic but not exciting for me.
    Andrew - I prefer Andras. I don't mind the full name Andrew, or if you use nn Andy, but I HATE the name Drew.
    Bennett - I prefer Benjamin, but I don't have anything negative to say about Bennett.
    Callum - Callum is so underused! I really like it if you want to roll with the Irish name trend.
    Christopher - I prefer just Topher.
    Connor/Conor - This is one of my favourite boy names. Would also love to see it on a girl.
    Elliott - Very cute. I think of E.T. and childhoods with adventure & exploration.
    Harrison - I really like Harrison. I don't know anyone named Harrison so I think people might be overestimating its popularity.
    Hayden - I don't see the appeal.
    Henry - I prefer Henrik. Henry sounds too stuffy & british.
    Joel - One of my favourite biblical names.
    Joseph - I don't like nn Joe at all, so this name doesn't do it for me.
    Lewis/Louis - I dislike this but I can't justify why.
    Michael - This is my brother's name. I love how well it works for every age & the myriad of nicknames.
    Toby - Prefer Tobias nn Toby - Toby sounds kiddish.

Girls:

Agatha - Prefer Agata, but both strike me as old ladyish. I like nickname Aggie
    Augusta - I don't dislike it but it wouldn't make it onto my list.
    Blythe - This name to me sounds like a bodily function or something, I don't like it.
    Cecilia - I like this one.
    Clementine - I don't like nn Clem but Clementine is OK.
    Delphine - I prefer Daphne. Not a huge fan of Delphine.
    Eleanor - I love Eleanor, it is feminine and powerful (I envision Anjelica Huston).
    Florence - Oh I really don't like this. I think of "Flo" and menstruation.
    Iris - I feel like this is going to jump up and get quite popular. I don't mind it but I don't love it either.
    Margaret - I don't mind this with nn Maggie.
    Martha - I prefer Marta because its a little more fun & exotic. Martha sounds old to me.
    Millicent - I think Millifiscent(sp?), the evil witch in Sleeping Beauty.
    Morwenna - I like this! Probably my favourite from your girls' list.
    Ottilie - I don't think this is realistic and usable.
    Rosamond - Prefer most other Rose/Rosa names, Rosamond sounds stuffy & halted.

Ophelia - LOVE.
    Sophia - Too popular (for a reason, because its so pretty)
    Charlotte - I don't mind it but its not mind blowing.
    Olive - I adore Olive (much cuter than Olivia or Liv).

Mason - Prefer Jason.
    Jack - Way too popular.
    Landon - Just OK.
    Lawson - Don't like.
    New username is @ truenature