Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Savannah feels very 90s to me. It does feel Southern to me, but I also live fairly close to Savannah, GA. Caroline is the ultimate Southern girl's name. I would stick to Caroline Augusta. It's a wonderful choice.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I've known many Savannahs but no Southern Savannahs. I know Savannah the city itself is gorgeous but I'd never assume a girl named that is from the south, just like I wouldn't expect a Brooklyn to be from NY - if anything quite the opposite.

The ones I've known have been from fairly trashy families. It's ruined for me. And it doesn't feel classic because I can't think of any references older than Prince of Tides (which was a novel set in the south about a very damaged redneck family, and the Savannah was named by her insane, social climbing mother...) and I believe the spike in popularity followed there being a Prince of Tides movie.

I love Caroline, it feels classic and beautiful. And I love Susannah, so I can understand liking the rhythm of Savannah, but I don't like the imagery.

I'm not big on place names though.

Savannah is an old, old favourite of mine. But that's all.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Thank you all
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa