Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick thoughts- Savannah

I am sure I have asked this for, but one last time, please... Just looking for quick thoughts on Savannah.
    Elegant? Timeless? Classic? Southern?
    Thanks so much!!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Its really pretty but its sudden popularity (in this country any way) puts me off a bit- its feels like it could feel dated before too long. Personally, i prefer Susannah. I'd describe it as elegant and southern.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I know a lot (and I mean A LOT) of teens/twenties named Savannah. So, to me, it feels over used and a little dated. I live in the Northern US, by the way.
    I too prefer Susannah or Samantha.

Having said that, I grew up with a Savannah who went by the nn "Savy" and I always thought that was kind of awesome.
    Isobel Yvonne "Belle" born 2/4/14

boys: Rowan James; Tobias Levi; Gideon Daniel; Judah Stephen;

girls: Lydia Dawn ; Violet Kathrine; Clara Ruby;

Guilty Pleasures: Fable; Story; Soren; Phoenix; Astrid; Azalea;

I know two Savannah's one who is about three and one that is a baby, one is in the south and one is in the north... the three yo they call "Savy" which I do think is pretty adorable... I will say, I slightly prefer Susannah, but hubby has never been a huge Susannah fan, but he has brought up savannah several times, so I thought I would just throw it out there, to get some feed back.. still not sure Savannah stands up to Caroline....
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmomto8 View Post
    I know two Savannah's one who is about three and one that is a baby, one is in the south and one is in the north... the three yo they call "Savy" which I do think is pretty adorable... I will say, I slightly prefer Susannah, but hubby has never been a huge Susannah fan, but he has brought up savannah several times, so I thought I would just throw it out there, to get some feed back.. still not sure Savannah stands up to Caroline....
    What about Caroline Savannah? You could still call her Savy if you wanted too.
    Isobel Yvonne "Belle" born 2/4/14

boys: Rowan James; Tobias Levi; Gideon Daniel; Judah Stephen;

girls: Lydia Dawn ; Violet Kathrine; Clara Ruby;

Guilty Pleasures: Fable; Story; Soren; Phoenix; Astrid; Azalea;