Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are These Names Too Far Out?

I really love names that are unusual and rarely used, and names that are classical. The only problem is I don't want to name my children something that is too bizarre and strange. There's only four names that I'm concerned about, and I'd like to know if I should just get rid of these names completly, or keep them.

Andromeda
    Arwen
    Luna
    Perseus
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

Andromeda is a little long and maybe the least usable on your list in its full form. If she goes by Annie or Meda it may be ok. I think Arwen has a pretty sound. I don't care for Luna and this name is very trendy. Perseus is fine if you're into Greek mythology and are well-versed with his story.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Luna is a widely recognised and used name (thanks, in part, to HP), so you should be fine with that one. Arwen has a pleasant sound and is very usable. Andromeda and Perseus are more unusual, but with more common nicknames e.g. Annie/Andy/Meda for Andromeda and maybe Percy for Perseus, they would become more usable. Personally, I love Luna, and like Arwen, but the other two are nms. Hope I helped x

I love Arwen and Luna. Both are very usable I feel and are on my list as well. Andromeda and Perseus are nms, they remind me of SciFi characters. But, hey, if you're going for that...
    Isobel Yvonne "Belle" born 2/4/14

boys: Rowan James; Tobias Levi; Gideon Daniel; Judah Stephen;

girls: Lydia Dawn ; Violet Kathrine; Clara Ruby;

Guilty Pleasures: Fable; Story; Soren; Phoenix; Astrid; Azalea;

Luna is the only one that is usable. I would hate being named andromeda.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer