Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are These Names Too Far Out?

I really love names that are unusual and rarely used, and names that are classical. The only problem is I don't want to name my children something that is too bizarre and strange. There's only four names that I'm concerned about, and I'd like to know if I should just get rid of these names completly, or keep them.

Andromeda
    Arwen
    Luna
    Perseus
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

Andromeda is a little long and maybe the least usable on your list in its full form. If she goes by Annie or Meda it may be ok. I think Arwen has a pretty sound. I don't care for Luna and this name is very trendy. Perseus is fine if you're into Greek mythology and are well-versed with his story.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Luna is a widely recognised and used name (thanks, in part, to HP), so you should be fine with that one. Arwen has a pleasant sound and is very usable. Andromeda and Perseus are more unusual, but with more common nicknames e.g. Annie/Andy/Meda for Andromeda and maybe Percy for Perseus, they would become more usable. Personally, I love Luna, and like Arwen, but the other two are nms. Hope I helped x

I love Arwen and Luna. Both are very usable I feel and are on my list as well. Andromeda and Perseus are nms, they remind me of SciFi characters. But, hey, if you're going for that...
    Mama to my lovely girl, Isobel Yvonne "Belle". Feb 2014

Rowan James or Wren Oliver OR Rosalie Fiona/Beatrix/Beatrice? DUE April 2016

Other favorite combos: Esme Coralie, Evelina Verity, Adelaide Violet|Wren Thomas, Malachi Oliver, Levi Rhys

Ladies: Eleanora, Lydia, Maeve, Stella, Luna, Ariadne, Althea, Fable, Ruby, Georgiana, Agatha, Adelaide, Clara, Evelina, Verity
    Gentlemen: Gideon, Judah, Tobias, Lysander, Ezra, Asher, Wren, Jasper, Henry, Oliver, Levi

Luna is the only one that is usable. I would hate being named andromeda.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer