Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these too similar for potential siblings?

I've been worrying about the similarities with three of my top names since I discovered they were all at the top of my list, and I wanted to run it by all of you.

So the question is, my top names, for a boy and a girl, are Emerson (possible nn Emory) and Elodie "Ellie". I try to stay away from sibling names that start with the same letter, but I absolutely love those two. My second girl's name, Amelie, obviously has elements in common with both.

So, for a son and two daughters, are Emerson, Elodie "Ellie", & Amelie too similar a sibset?
    Not expecting, just a lover of names!

Jude Emerson, Charlie Brooks, Bailey William, Lachlan James, Riley Bennett, Milo Everett, Ciaran Andrew, Ronan Avery, Brady Quinlan, Declan Rhys

Sadie Emmeline, Elowyn Ruby "Ellie", Amelie Jane, Maisie Eleanor, Juliette Aurora, Lily Seraphine, Adeline Mirabelle, Evangeline Mae "Evie", Scarlett Elodie, Willa Katherine

Current love(s): Amias David/Christopher

While I don't generally like alliterative sibsets, I think Emerson and Elodie are nice together. And Emerson and Amelie are obviously okay. But I don't really like the three together if Elodie will go by "Ellie" a lot. Ellie and Amelie are just too similar for me. In fact, I think "Ellie" is an acceptable nickname for Amelie. Emory and Amelie are also too similar.

I really like Elodie and Amelie together if they go by their full names.

Also, I know you didn't ask, but I'm not sure Emory is a very intuitive nickname for Emerson.
    Matilda Hazel
    or
    Milo Everett

I like Emerson with Amelie for sure. Not crazy about Emery for a nn, I would just use the full name. I like Emerson with Elodie/Ellie too, but with Amelie is better.

Amelie with Ellie is too close imo, but it is probably fine to use Amelie with Elodie.
    New username is @ truenature

I don't think they're too similar sounding at all. I love the nickname Emory and Ellie, and with Amelie as a sister, they flow so well together!
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

Emerson and Ellie aren't too close. Amelie and Ellie, however, are too close for my taste.
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014