Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Love this prompt.

My boys list is much, much longer than my girls list, but these are the names I would fight my SO tooth and claw to use:

Marlowe
    Simon
    Wallace
    Dashiell
    Roscoe
    Morgan
    Jules
    Atlas
    Jasper
    Gabriel
    August

Every name on that list gives me the warm fuzzies. Now I just need to have a dozen sons...

What boys name do you think should be used less?
    I love James, Jack, Oliver, Leo, Benjamin, Charles, William, Thomas, Asher, Alexander, and Jude, and wish they were all vastly less popular so that I could use them myself.

What boys name would you love to see used more often?
    I really want to see names that have been stolen for the girls return to their rightful place on the boy's side -- Morgan, Aubrey, Ariel, and Paris in particular. I also vastly prefer River and Sascha on a boy. Oh, and I wish Darwin were more widely heard; I love it, but I'm afraid it's too associated with, well, Darwin.

What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    I don't follow celebrity culture.

Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    Sound attractive. What's the point of a name that doesn't roll off the tongue?

How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically?
    Like I said on the girls questionnaire, my style is librarian detective: nerdy, spunky, literary and historical, antique, even a little stuffy, with a Roaring 20s-meets-the-Renaissance vibe. I think my lists match up pretty well.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names?
    Oh, so many. Remy, Magnus, Zephyr, Darwin, Cosmo, Rafferty, Angelo, Erasmus, Luther, Lucian, Malcolm, Stellan, Revel, Calder, Jove, Luther, Amadeus, and Balthazar top the list.

Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?
    Darwin because of the too-famous namesake. Amadeus and Balthazar because they're rather pretentious and don't really fit with the other names on my lists. I also love Ajax but I worry about the association with the cleaning product.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Favorites at the moment: Tanner, Iven + many more
    What boys name do you think should be used less? Lukas (in Austria practically every 3rd child is named Lukas , also my brother )
    What boys name would you love to see used more often? I guess traditional names because I have the feeling that less and less people are using really old and traditional names
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? I don't really like those that give their kids crazy or weird names
    Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? definitely those that sound attractive
    How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically? yes, because I tend to like unusual names
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names? Leopold - I only like the english pronunciation, Ichiro - it has a really nice sound, Gage
    Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Leopold - because I live in Austria and the german pronunciation of that name makes it sound like and old man's name, Anakin - I think it's obvious why I wouldn't use that name

My current favorites: Jack, Oliver, Leo, Finn, Samuel, Rory, Gavin, Callum, Holden, Luca & Noah

What boys name do you think should be used less? Kaden/Caden etc...Aidan is a actual name, I get it. Jayden, okay fine. But I think "Kaden" just goes to far. It combines the "Aiden" trend with the Kardashian "K" obsession and I can't stand it. The name doesn't sound very masculine to me at all, but its too masculine to be feminine. Its just a bad name.
    What boys name would you love to see used more often? Milo. I think the name is adorable. I love "cute" boys names and I so wish I could meet a little Milo.
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? Vintage names.

Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both. But I find all names visually pleasing if they are spelt right. So I guess I focus more on sound.

How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically? Kind of. But I think my boys names are a lot more popular and "modern" sounding than my girls names.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names? Milo, Hugo, Sebastian, Callum, Everett, Rhett, Evander

Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Evander as a first name. I love the sound and the meaning but again, I can't see a little boy liking this name very much as a first name so maybe I'll use it as a middle name.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

My favourite boy names:
    Casimir
    Elessar
    Endymion
    Faunus
    Galileo
    Hector
    Heimdall
    Oberon
    Orpheus
    Robin
    Romulus
    Theoden

These are just some of them. They're all incredibly important to me, they represents me (and Husband) very well. I think Augusta said it well, they give me the warm fuzzies .

Because I'm tired of hearing them: Harry, Jacob, Samuel, Jack, Alfie and Charlie.
    Because I'm selfish: Oliver.

Ivo, Roland, Julian, Meredith, Morgan... maybe? I don't know. Darcy!

What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    I like the names Jude Law and Sadie Frost gave their children, Rudy and Rafferty. And I think Cate Blanchett did well, Ignatius, Dashiell and Roman. Those are the only ones I remember.

Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    Both, but sound is the most important. I would never choose a name that sounded unattractive, that's just crazy!

How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically?
    I think they are. They're mythological, ethereal, starry, shiny, off to dance with the faeries-names.

I think the ones I mentioned above all qualifies in this category.

Gilderoy - it's fabulous, but the Harry Potter character isn't great. Florizel - because it sounds like a girl name. Gahalantine - it sounds very close to gelatine.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My favorites right now:
    Wolfram - SO thinks it's too much name next to Ivan.
    Ignatius
    Angus
    Odin
    Grey
    Ivo

Sebastian. It's supposed to be the cool name that no one ever thinks of, but it's really getting used death.

Virtue names like Valor and Vrai. Also Wolfram - will somebody Please use Wolfram?

Both. I have to love seeing it as much as I love saying it.

I think they're similar. I hope they are.

Sharkey (Ivan's favorite toy, it's become a guilty pleasure), October (for girls, too), Rook (our dog), Hickory, Percy, Orchid (also for girls), Conri, Tesla, Cosmo, Cedar, and Trygve.

Autumn - Number 68 for girls.
    Rex - It's silly, but we would end up stealing one of Ivan's nicknames for him.
    Wesley - Mr. Crusher
    Drake - We know one.
    Odin - I don't think we can follow Ivan with Odin.
    Colin - Too matchy.
    Zero - The meaning keeps it off the list, but I love it.
    Last edited by pistachio; September 27th, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah