Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are your favorite boy names? Fun names questionaire inside.

Hello berries! Just for fun, I would love to know what your favorite boy names are. I would love to hear why they are your favorites as well.

Thanks so much!

Here are some additional questions if you don't mind answering:

What boys name do you think should be used less?
    What boys name would you love to see used more often?
    What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically?
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names?
    Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?

Thanks to anyone who answers!
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Literally my full boy list (and husband hates most of them):
    Tiber (<5)
    Zelig (9)
    Wolf (24)
    Mendel (72)
    Miller (178, 47 and climbing for girls)
    Moses (474)
    Walter (794)
    Theodore "Teddy" (1912, climbing, Teddy 62)
    Leo (2855)

Used less: Jaxon, -aden anything, Jack (sorry but I know SO MANY)

Used more: Walter, Moses, and George (though I suppose the royal baby will have changed that)

I can't think of many celebrities with great naming style, though Claudia Schiffer's kids are Caspar (could only be improved IMO if it were Caspian), Clementine, and Cosima (and both girls have flower middles). I also love Natalia Vodianova, whose kids are Viktor, Neva, and Lukas, which I love in the context of her Russian heritage.

I think the main thing I like about a boy's name is the image it conjures for me and usually want it to be short and to the point. Obviously Caspian doesn't fit that, but the water/ history/ Russia connection makes me like it.

The only one I don't think we can use is Tiber. Wolf is a family name and the one we both agree on for a first boy, so Tiber (my husband's suggestion, he's a classicist) would be too close to Tiger, especially with Wolf.

I just wish I could find more uncommon boy names I love!
    Last edited by tct1219; September 26th, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

My boys list is:

Leonidas Mercer- It's out there, but I like it and nickname Leos. Mercer balances out the warrior.
    Prescott Wolfram- An 'update' of the first name I ever had on my boys' list.
    William Lawrence- My dad is Larry William and I want to honor him but... Larry? lol
    Henry Frederic- I love these names just because.
    Christopher Holden- I just really like this name and Holden is an honor name.
    Jonathon Day- I have a ton of Uncle John's, but I'm planning on using the nickname Jack.
    Vincent Rory- I know this name is kind of stuffy and plain but I'm obsessed with it, and Rory is adorable and spunky.
    Louis Ross- I know this name is sort of plain and old but I'm obsessed with it. I'm probably going to change Ross though.
    Carson Noah- I love Carson and Noah has significance for me.
    Kennelly Jeffries- A little crazy, but I want to name one of my children after my sister (Makenna).
    Milos Royce- I love the sound of Milos, and have an uncle Roy.

What boys name do you think should be used less? Oliver, Mason, Milo, etc.
    What boys name would you love to see used more often? Paul
    Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Sound attractive
    How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically? I have an endless list of boys' names I love but only three girls names.
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names? Milos, Leonidas, Jefferies
    Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? I LOVE Thames (as in The River Thames) but I know it wouldn't work well.
    Madison McKenzie

Leonidas Mercer (Leos), Prescott Wolfram, William Lawrence, Abram Athens, Henry Frederic, Thomas Dresden, Aleksander Jerusalem, Christopher Holden, Jonathon Day, Vincent Rory, Louis Rial, Carson Noah

Eleonora Magdalena, Vera November, Ivana Colette, Emilia Isobel, Alivia Marigold, Eliza Annika, Leola Ethel, Cecelia Jane, Romilly Elliana, Loretta Maeve, McKenna Addison

Guilty Pleasures: Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

Quote Originally Posted by ikfly View Post
    Hello berries! Just for fun, I would love to know what your favorite boy names are. I would love to hear why they are your favorites as well.

Thanks so much!

Gabriel
    Tristan
    Ambrose
    Liam

Here are some additional questions if you don't mind answering:

What celebrities naming style do you love most? I love the names Tori Spelling and her husband picked for their children! Just adore them all!

Do you tend to lean towards boy names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both

How do your boy names compare to your girl names: Are they the same stylistically? I like a romantic element, although it's harder to attain for boys without going overboard.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon boy names? I don't consider any of the names I like to be unusual or too uncommon.

Do you have boy names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? I have the guts to use anything, it's only off limits if the husband doesn't like it.

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Entering at least 10 letters now since it didn't count above. Meh.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Marcel * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Josephine Adele * Lena Josephine* Lorelei Nicole