Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My favorites:

Mariah: I love the way Mariah sounds. It's quite beautiful. I think this might be my overall favorite name. I just love everything about it. The spelling, the pronunciation, the way it looks, feels, and the image of it. It's not too popular, it's in the low 100s. That's another important thing for me, is popularity. I usually like to stray away from things in the top 100, most those names are overdone and stale.

Jacqueline: This name also is very compelling to me in an auditory and visual sense. It feels elegant to me, it has an image of Jackie O., the epitome of classy. I really like French names, I think that they're very pretty.

Rhiannon: I think the name Rhiannon is such a hidden gem. It means divine queen. Rhiannon was a figure in Welsh mythology, a picture of beauty, which makes me like the name even more. I also love the way this name sounds, it's so unique.
    Baby girl coming July 9th

Esme Francesca Gianna Charis Isis Petra Celeste Stella Audrey
    Jasmine Gwen Carmen Lola Scarlett Nadia Nadine Stephanie
    Marina Jacqueline Rhiannon Mariah Dahlia Winter Ariadne Phaedra

Favorites at the moment: Ivy, Elina + so many others I love

What girl name do you think should be used less? Lena (has been used way too often in the past years in Austria and Germany)
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? Elizabeth, Elisabeth (I love the classic sound of that name and I think it's a bit sad that it isn't used often any more (at least in Austria)
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? I usually don't like when celebrities give their kids all kinds of crazy names
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Definitely those that sound attractive but I guess I would never choose a name that has a weird and complicated spelling
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Definitely yes because I tend to like names that are unusual (sometimes because they are old, traditional names) but not totally weird or crazy
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? basically my list of girls names only consists of unusual names so here are just a few examples: Ayla, Junia, Delaney, Audriana
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Tallulah - because I'm not sure if it is a name that would sound good as a name for an adult, India - because it's a country

Current Favorites: Eliza/Elizabeth, Charlotte, Cora, Violet, Gemma, Georgiana, Noelle, Madeleine, Amelie, Annabelle, & Alice

What girl name do you think should be used less? Madison. The name feels so been there done that. Its been in the top ten for well over ten years. Its not remotely classic like the other names in the top ten. Its just a trendy masculine name for a girl that I think should have fallen out of favor years ago.

What girl name would you love to see used more often? Clara. I know it still considered "popular" but I rarely ever hear it and I think it would fit in just fine with all the more popular "classics". Its such a sweet, delicate little name. I would want to use it if I didn't have a cousin named Claire.

What celebrities naming style do you love most? Vintage names or even those quirky, unusual names.

Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both. I just feel that girls names should look pretty and sound pretty. Lately, I've noticed a lot of trendy "girls" names just don't look or sound attractive. What happened to giving girls pretty names?

How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Kind of but maybe not. My boys names, while classic, tend to feel more modern and are a lot more popular now than they were 100 years ago. While my girls names still feel way more vintage to me.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? Georgiana, Louisa, Emmeline, Isolde, Margot, Pippa, & Helena

Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Georgiana. I thought I had the guts to use it when I first started out on name berry. But after thinking about it a lot I know that not many girls in this day and age would like having the name Georgiana. Even though its my favorite name, when it comes down to it I'm not the one who will be wearing it and I have to think about my future kids and how they will like their names before I think about myself and how much I love the name.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

My favourites:
    Alcyone
    Callisto
    Circe
    Eimyrja
    Eurydice
    Hespera
    Melpomene
    Morgana
    Niniane
    Pandora
    Polyhymnia
    Tinuviel
    Titania

I like them because they've got amazing stories and associations for me, they're beautiful and magical. And they make me feel joyous.

What girl name do you think should be used less?
    Because I'm tired of hearing them all the time: Olivia, Lily, Florence, Amelia, Emily, and most of all; Isla.
    Becuase I'm selfish: Freya, Eva, Phoebe, Chloe.

What girl name would you love to see used more often?
    I think Sadie, Nell, Minnie, Polly and Bonnie are gorgeous and keeping very well with the trendy in England, but I rarely hear them. Constance, Clemency, Louise, Helena, Vanessa and Veronica are favourites of mine I never hear on children.

What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    Jude Law and Sadie Frost named their daughter Iris which I think is lovely, Tori Amos has a Natashya Lorien which is gorgeous and I can't remember anyone else. Ellen Pompeo's Stella Luna is precious and Natalie Merchant's Lucia.

Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    Both but sounds is most important. I'd never give my child a name that sounded unattractive, that would be ridiculous. The spelling's more complicated, because sometimes beautiful sounds comes from a letter mis-match .

How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
    I think they are. They're mythological, ethereal, starry, shiny, off to dance with the faeries-names.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names?
    I think my favourites could be placed here as well. I love more, but they're too many to mention...

Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?
    Urd - it doesn't sound nice in English. Scheherazade - it's so long and the poor little girl having to spell her name. Jezebel - because my MIL and mother would refuse to speak her name.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My favorites off of our list right now are Xanthe, Thora, and Agatha. I've also had a huge crush on Maude lately.

What girl name do you think should be used less?
    Zoey... what's wrong with Zoe?

What girl name would you love to see used more often?
    Severine

What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    I don't know her human children's names, but J.K. Rowling's characters are amazing. it seems kind every great name is in there somewhere.

Do*you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    Both. I love names that I end up staring at and repeating.

How*do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
    I think they're at least similar. Strong but accessible, with a few exceptions.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names?
    I have said it way too many times, but I just love Verdandi and Zuzu. Also October (especially October, for either gender), Fable, Saga, Orchid, Primeveire, Kiki, Voirrey, Wisteria, and Katarzyna.

Do*you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?
    Wednesday - Wednesday Addams, otherwise it would be near the top of the list, and SO loves it too.
    Fox - The boys have so few names, I don't want to nab another.
    Cider - I just can't see it working out.
    Snowy - Just a little too cutesy.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah