Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation What are your favorite girl names? Fun names questionaire inside.

Hello berries! Just for fun, I would love to know what your favorite girl names are. I would love to hear why they are your favorites as well.

Thanks so much!

Here are some additional questions if you don't mind answering:

What girl name do you think should be used less?
    What girl name would you love to see used more often?
    What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names?
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?

I'm going to make a boys thread also in a couple minutes. I'll post the link when it's ready or you can just head over to the boys section.

Thanks to anyone who answers!
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

My main 'big' list right now (including number given in 2012):
    Moonglow (<5)
    Alla (8)
    Roseline/ Rosaline "Rosie" (11/ 12, Rosie 221)
    Liesel (19)
    Olympia "Oly" (28)
    Augusta (30)
    Aziza "Izzy" (49)
    Marguerite "Maple" (67, Maple 36)
    Theodora "Teddy" (67)
    Aviva (70)
    Millicent "Maple" (71, Milly 94 Millie 383)
    Shoshana (94, Shoshanna 14)
    Agnes (121)
    Clementine (204)
    Magnolia (218)
    Louisa (222)
    Frances/ Francis (359/ 43, 427 boys)
    Rosemary "Rosie" (470)
    Virginia (502)
    Helena (520)
    Carolina (718)
    Margaret (1758, peaked in 1920)
    Hazel (1768, peaked between 1915-1920)
    Julia (3844)
    Lillian (7100, Lulu 54)

What girl name do you think should be used less? Names ending in -son, Makayla/ McKinzey and similar, all youneek spellings. Oh and Lily/ Lillian (my great-grandmother's name) because now I can't use it due to popularity.

What girl name would you love to see used more often? Louisa, Frances, Helena, Rosemary and those types.

What celebrities naming style do you love most? I can't think of many celebrities with great naming style, though Claudia Schiffer's kids are Caspar (could only be improved IMO if it were Caspian), Clementine, and Cosima (and both girls have flower middles). I also love Natalia Vodianova, whose kids are Viktor, Neva, and Lukas, which I love in the context of her Russian heritage.

Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? It's a mix but one or the other has to be strong. Nicknames also come into play so I don't necessarily have to love a name if I love its nicknames, associations, style, or popularity.

How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Almost all have a long history of use without ever being super popular. Not necessary the same style at all, though old Jewish names have been a constant on my lists.

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? I love Maple but don't think it's substantial enough with my daughter's name so I'd use it as a nickname only. My husband hates it, though, so if he can't get over that, he may have to give up his beloved Marguerite.

Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Since I was like 12 I've loved the name Moonglow. I realize it sounds ridiculous to others but I have such a positive association with it.
    Last edited by tct1219; September 26th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I've pretty much used up my girls list with 3 girls, although there are a few gems I didn't get to sneak in.

I'll start with the name I'd use if I had another daughter: Stella Anneliese

There's also Lucia, Fleur, Sophia and Genevieve that weren't used. I tend to naturally prefer a 2 syllable first name paired with a 3 syllable middle name.

I am quite happy with the names I gave my girls, although now I sort of wish I had used Gemma Lucia instead of Gemma Hermione. I still love Hermione it's just that I really think that Lucia would've been a better fit to my really Italian sounding girl set.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Marcel * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Josephine Adele * Lena Josephine* Lorelei Nicole* Fleur Josephine

My current five favourite girls names are: Audrey, Blythe, Clara, Harriet and Susannah.

What girl name do you think should be used less? Anything trendy (e.g. Mykynzie or Neavaeh) or uber-popular (e.g. Ava, Madison, Olivia, Sophia).
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? Anything old-fashioned or under-used.
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? I don't really follow celebrity naming styles, but I love Maya Rudolph's children's names.
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both.
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Exactly the same. Classic vintage all the way for me!
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? None that are terribly uncommon, but I love Mattea.
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? I love some nature names that I probably wouldn't use. For example, Magnolia and Pomeline.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter