Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Alice - This is new to my list. I've never really liked it before, but out of nowhere I recently started to love it!
    Beatrice - DH's fave. I think I love it more for the NickName possibilities. Birdie, Bess, Betsy, Tess, Bex, Trixie...
    Cecily, Felicity & Gemma - I love all of these because of Avonlea, a show that was on when I was little that was based on books by L.M. Montgomery
    Penelope - Also new to the list. I love the nickname Nelly.
    Violet - The name on my list the longest, this may be the name I actually use on a baby girl if I should have one, in spite of the siggy
    Zoe - I know it's a bit over-done, but I like the image of Zoe that I have in my head.

1)What girl name do you think should be used less? - Anything misspelled: Brytnea, Arionna, Kelci, Channon, etc.

2) What girl name would you love to see used more often? Fiona.

3) What celebrities naming style do you love most? I love Tina Fey's daughter's names, Penelope and Alice. I also really like Pink's daughter's name, Willow Sage. Nicole Ritchie's kids are sort of GP's of mine, especially Harlow Winter Kate. Gorgeous.

4)Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both.

5)How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
    My girl names are more classic/vintage/eclectic, while the boy names I like are either classic or Irish, it seems.

6) What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? I have been really liking seasonal names lately. My favourites are Sunday, Winter and January.

7)Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?
    Probably Sunday, Winter and Sunday, actually. I would also really love to use Willow, but it's a little too trendy for DH's taste.
    * James * Henry * Baker * Ronan * Harry * Rhys * Shepard *
    * Maisie * Beatrice * Sadie * Violet * Zoey * Mary * Caroline * Matilda *

What girl name do you think should be used less? Alice
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? Leola
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Sounds attractive
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? I like old fashioned girls names
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? Eleonora, Vera, Leola, Eloise, Ethel
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Fiammetta
    Madison McKenzie

Leonidas Mercer (Leos), Prescott Wolfram, William Lawrence, Abram Athens, Henry Frederic, Thomas Dresden, Aleksander Jerusalem, Christopher Holden, Jonathon Day, Vincent Rory, Louis Rial, Carson Noah

Eleonora Magdalena, Vera November, Ivana Colette, Emilia Isobel, Alivia Marigold, Eliza Annika, Leola Ethel, Cecelia Jane, Romilly Elliana, Loretta Maeve, McKenna Addison

Guilty Pleasures: Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

Current favourites: Thea, Freya, Harriet, Mela, Cleo, Felicity, Penelope (Daughter is Phoebe Alice)

What girl name do you think should be used less? Sophie and Ruby! They are so popular where I live and years ago they were on my list. I just cannot use them now. Ava (yawn)…. Evangaline (I don’t know anyone with this name but I really dislike it all the same)! Anything made up...Like a meshed name to be cute...(Keep it for the middle name if you must)!
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? Elodie, Eloise (I can’t use them but oh so sweet).
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? Jim True-Frost Tina Fey
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? I am attracted mostly to a nice meaning.
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Yes
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? Zadie, Athea,
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why Yes-Echo, Lotus, Hadley, and Indigo. Maybe India (I may use it but I am two minds I do reallllly love it) I think they are gorgeous names but my husband would not even consider them.
    Last edited by ella17; September 27th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.

My favorite girls names at the moment: Emmanuelle, Freya, Isadora, Rafaella, Esmeralda, Demetria.
    Names that should be used less:
    I'm definitely sick of Lily and Ella. And all of the top 100 basically. Also Nameberry's weird obsession with nature names, very obscure mythological names and names such as- Amelia and Cordelia. I've never seen the appeal.
    Names that should be used more:
    More exotic and uncommon names. I think "traditional classics" are getting old and should be put back in the closet for a few decades.
    Celebrity name crush-
    I don't really keep up with celebs, and the ones I've heard of name their kids Apple or Tennessee, which are not my style. I do like Salma Hyek's daughters name- Valentina.
    Style- I mostly like long, exotic sounding names which are very uncommon and only sometimes heard of.
    Compare your girls names to your boys list- My girls and boys list are fairly similar in style.
    My favourite "out there names"- I don't really have a category like that. A name is a name to me and maybe my style is a bit "out there" for some people.
    Guilty pleasure girl names -
    Constantinova.
    • teenberry • Australia •

Iris Elettra - Delfina Inez - Freja Constantina - Emmanuelle Demeter
    Anton Rafael - Uriah Solomon - Ezekiel Ambrose (Zeke)

"And in that moment, I swear, we were infinite" - Stephen Chbosky

My current favourite girl names are: Freya, Ivy and Lyra

I love Freya for the mythology, how its not heard of often but seems familiar, it feels strong and other worldly but a little soft like somone who loves animals and riding horses bare back, both me and my partner love the name to bits.

Ivy has always seemed like a strong womens name, its also my MIL middle name and makes me think of a powerful successful person who takes life by the horns, someone who has a bit of mystery around her and someone who is sharp and you woudlnt be able to sneak anything past them unnoticed..

Lyra i love for the meaning and its ties to astronomy and how its a name in a book that my partner introduced me to that we both love to read.The name seems musical to me and colourful like a rainbow.

What girl name do you think should be used less? Mary and Sarah, just too many people have this name its lost its personality
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? More nature names
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? Not really, I dont have many boy names i love- the area they cross over is i like nature names for both sexes. such as River for girl and Ash for a boy
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? not sure which is more unusual, maybe Oceana or Ceridwen
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? Saga, dosnt seem complete enough to be a name, and worried ppl will think its not a real name

Waiting for baby bear #1

** Freya Winifred, Scarlett Ivy,
    Arcadia Lillian **
    ~~ Ash, Kellen March, Lennox River ~~

Considering
    Guinevere, Wilder, Arwen, Inara
    Lila,
    Liv, Lorraine, Chance