Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Favorites: Lucy, Jane, Elena, Lake, Anne, Claire

what name should be used less? All of the Lula, Leyla, Lela, and Lila names. They all run together. The vowell heavy names are in danger of the same (Ayla, Isla, Eva, Ada, Addie)
    What girl name would you love to see used more often: Anne. I love Anne and I love Anne Shirley, but it feels so plain. I'd like to see some more people wear it to get some more connotations.
    Celebrity naming: I like Sarahmezz' suggestion of Maya Rudolph. Her kids have nice names and she's an SNL alum!
    visually pleasing or sound attractive: I think visually pleasing. Actually, I go more for history and connotation.
    compare to boy names: Pretty much the same. Except I like my boy names softer and my girl names less flowery. They tend toward the middle I guess.
    favorite unusual: Lake! and Marguerite
    girl names without guts: Lake, probably.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Hi!
    Right now I'm loving:
    Violet-so so pretty & I think because I can't use it (ln issues) I love it more...sigh
    Hazel- see Violet
    Lila
    Lily-too popular but so pretty
    Aurora

Here are some additional questions if you don't mind answering:

What girl name do you think should be used less?
    Grace in the middle name spot...I think it is the mn of every little girl I know irl.
    What girl name would you love to see used
    more often?
    Real names, real spellings, classics.
    What celebrities naming style do you love most?
    Hm not sure ...
    you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both?
    Both I think
    do your girl names
    compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically?
    Fairly similar but boys named are so much simpler for me!

What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names?
    Catalina is a new fav
    you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why?
    Lily...too popular, talulah-everyone irl says no :/

Thanks to anyone who answers! [/QUOTE]

My current favourite girls names are: Antigone, Hermione, Harriet, Cordelia, Violet, Persephone, Beatrice, Clementine, Ottilie, Florence, Octavia, Drusilla and Agnes. I can't exactly say why they're my favourites - I just love them.

What girl name do you think should be used less? Hmm. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I'm going to say anything in the Top 30 and any name that's horribly misspelled and ultra trendy. Also, surname names on girls.
    What girl name would you love to see used more often? Sibyl. Although Sibyl is not currently a favourite of mine, I still do have a soft spot for her and if she doesn't end up back on the list, she will be used in the middle.
    What celebrities naming style do you love most? Hmm...this is a hard one. I love the name of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden's children; Harlow Winter Kate and Sparrow James Midnight. Jack and Lisa Osbourne's daughter, Pearl Clementine also has a gorgeous name. I absolutely love the name of Kaylee Defer's newborn son, Theodore Ignatius. Claudia Schiffer also has nice taste.
    Do you tend to lean towards girl names that visually pleasing, sound attractive, or both? Both, but more that sound attractive than visually pleasing.
    How do your girl names compare to your boy names: Are they the same stylistically? I think my girls names are generally more out there - my boys are more 'safe'. Though there are a few that are stylistically similar.
    What are your favorite unusual/uncommon girl names? Antigone, Hermione, Persephone, Octavia and Drusilla.
    Do you have girl names that you love, but don't have the guts to use? Why? At the moment, as I'm not TTC or expecting, no. But I'm sure when it's time to finally name a real little human, I will chicken out of even considering a few names.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by tct1219 View Post

What girl name would you love to see used more often? Louisa, Frances, Helena, Rosemary and those types.
    Rosemary and Louisa are both on my list! If I had any chance in having twins I would have Rosemary Gloria and Madeleine Louisa.

Thanks to everyone who answered so far!
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

My girls' list:

Isabelle
    Arianne
    Olivia
    Violet
    Rachel
    Liliana (or possibly Lillian/Lilia instead)
    Charlotte
    Eleni
    Hannah
    Eva
    Catherine
    Emmeline
    Tess

1. Honestly, Nevaeh and Avery are it. I like the names that are in the top 10 (for the most part!). I think Sophia and Emma and Isabella and Ava and Emily and slightly less popular names like Gabriella and Ella and Hannah and Lucy and Lily are beautiful and timeless and I don't mind hearing them a lot at all! Popularity (especially among girls' names, I think, since I seem to branch out to less-popular boys' names) doesn't bother me at all. I liked having a popular name; maybe that's why I like the popular names so much now (then again, they're just all around gorgeous). Ironically, I would love to hear a LOT less of Juliet, Eloise, Clementine, Beatrice, and Mabel. I know they're a lot less used than Isabella, Sophia, Emma, Ava, and Olivia, but I just never got the appeal and I'm so sick of hearing them on Nameberry. I know they're so well loved, but ugh. I just don't get them.

2. I'm not sure. Probably names I think are gorgeous, but I don't think I'd ever use. Like Edith, and Aurelia, and Genevieve, and Fleur.

3-5. Already answered those on the boys' thread.

6. Emmeline, Zelia, Tess, Arianne, Zosia, Aurelia, Poppy...

7. Sonata. I love Sonata! Totally wouldn't use it, but I think it's so cool. Especially since I grew up learning the piano and Moonlight Sonata is still one of my favorite pieces. I also really like Poet, Monet, etc. And I love the sound and look of Gypsy, but it's so ridiculously offensive that I wouldn't go near it with a 39 and a half foot pole.