Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: naming #4

Oh yay yay yay! Such great names! I love them all and I'm so pleased to see a baby named Anne. Do you call her Anne-Blair every time? You are an underused classics person who actually likes the more common classics but wants to have your own spin. I feel similarly! You loved Anne, I'm guessing, but felt it was lacking interest, so you added Blair. You like William, but he's in the top 10 so you gave him a great middle/nick name. I like where this is going. Congratulations on your girl! I want to suggest things, but I feel that you will come up with a combination that is uniquely perfect for you. Interesting, but classic. Here are some names to get you started:

Audrey
    Jane
    Eliza
    Georgia
    Julia
    Margaret (Meg, Maggie, Margo)
    Cecily
    Elsbeth
    Alice
    Lucy
    Mercy
    Blythe
    Genevieve
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Thanks for the kind responses everyone! To clear up a few questions and provide a little more insight - we are not particularly looking for another hyphenated name this time unless something really strikes us of course. Anne is my mother's name and some variation of the name has been passed down for now four generations, which is why we chose it (Joanne, Anne, Suzanne, Anne-Blair: a direct line starting with my grandmother). We added Blair simply because we fell in love with the name and loved the spunk and quirkiness it has as a combo. Yes we do call her Anne-Blair most of the time, some family members have nicknamed her Annie or AB but it's rare to hear someone call her that in third person.

Wesley Walker we chose simply because we love both names. Our last name starts with a W as well, but I promise all three names work really well together and I personally love the alliteration

William Hayes - William is a family name, which is why we chose it as the first name (plus it has the alliteration that I like and it just sounds better than the reverse). We knew we would either call him Will or Hayes when we chose his name and he just struck as more as a Hayes than a Will, so that's what we went with.
    Last edited by suzyrn; September 27th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.