Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think Sybilla nn Billie is adorable! And I love Josef and Sybilla together. So cute! I like the suggestion of Belinda, too--I've always loved it for the nns Bella and Lindey (although it does seem a mite dated, although not so dated as Melinda?)--and Belphoebe! Especially Belphoebe. Maybe Mabel? I don't really see the appeal, but there are a lot of Mabel lovers on here!

It's a huge stretch, but I think there is someone who has Amelia nn Billie on her list. I can kind of see it--Millie's a semi-common Amelia nn, and if Edward can get the nn Ned or Teddy/Ted, then why can't Amelia get Billie? I realize some nns back years ago followed patterns (Marg- to Meg- to Peg; William to Will to Bill, etc.), but if Eleanor can get Nell and Edward can get Teddy, why can't Amelia get Billie? I remember coming across Abelia a while ago in my search for a name for a story character, and that could probably get you Billie, too. I was never sure how it was said--I've said both ah-BELL-ee-ah and ah-BEEL-ya, to rhyme with Amelia.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Amabilia
    Bellona
    Cybele
    Beryl
    Bethel
    Beverly
    Fable
    Sable

Belinda
    Belita
    Belladonna
    Annabel
    Florabel
    Christabel

I actually like it as a standalone given name.

My daughter has a friend Billie and it's her full name. My grandmother's childhood nickname was Billie and I love that! For her Billie was short for Linilda which is truly awful but I do think it's interesting that all Billie had in common was the short "I" and the double "L" so I think Billie could come from a Lily name or another name will an "ill" sound somewhere in the name.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac

I also think that Billie could be used as a full name, maybe with a more formal middle name. I've also come across the name Belicia, which I think is quite pretty.

Belle nn Billie would also be fun, unexpected yet totally logical.