Names Searched Right Now:

desperate for suggestions!

DH and I are trying to come up with names for our future son/daughter, but I am completely stumped on boy names! There are a few I like, but i am afraid they are getting too popular. What do you think?

Lincoln
    Dashiell
    Abram/Bram/Brahm/Brom

Also, one of my favorites is Niall. I LOVE this name. We would pronounce it "Nile." HOWEVER our last name is pronounced "Cruz" (though not spelled that way. Nor is it spelled "Cruise.") I'm afraid people will automatically think of a "nile cruise."

What do you think? Are all of these names getting too popular? Is Niall "Cruz" okay? Any other suggestions for names? I like these names because the nicknames are "cool" but the full name is distinguished. I also like something that's unique but not too trendy... but I'm open to anything! I'm so stumped, so any help is appreciated!

I'm not a big fan of Niall Cruz because it does sound like Nile Cruise. But that's just me.

I'm having a hard time picking up on your "style" so I'm going to throw out a bunch of suggestions:
    Montague
    Rafael
    Preston
    Spencer
    Hudson
    Holden
    Jasper
    Bradley
    Dorian
    Delmar
    Theophilus
    Remington
    Declan
    Nolan
    Langdon
    Stanford
    Thatcher
    Silas
    Harlan
    Lucian
    Talmadge

I love both Abram (I prefer Abraham because it's a big more traditional, but that's me) and Lincoln. Call me a lover of presidents, but they just sound so stately!

I agree that Nile Cruise is probably asking for it. You might be able to get away with it if you loved it.

I would say Dashiell isn't exceptionally popular, but it's certainly trendy. I've never heard the name before about 10 years ago, so it's a very 2010s name. At the same time, it's not so popular that you have to worry about a bunch of kids having the same name, though there may be a few.

Based on the four you mentioned, you might like:

Neville
    Theodore
    Simon
    Miles
    Oliver
    Franklin
    Linus
    Maxwell
    Sebastian
    Grant
    Frederick
    Phillip
    Lionel

I also love the suggestions from collmcc523 of Jasper and Langston.
    Mom to Clementine the cat and Friedman the fatter cat.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Aside from Lincoln I think you're totally overthinking the popularity thing - those are not popular names. I'd avoid Niall because yes, Nile Cruise does come to mind with your surname, sorry!

Others:

Cashel
    Cassius
    Barnabas
    Bastian/Bastien
    Bramwell/Bramley
    Darius
    Damian
    Damon
    Altair
    Alaric
    Augustine/Augustus