Results 6 to 10 of 13
Thread: Opinions on similar names
September 25th, 2013 08:11 PM #6
Ashton or Asher?- Asher. I love the nn Ash (which works for both) but Ashton to me equals the actor.
Colton or Colter?- both are okay. Colter is a bit more interesting but Colton more usable.
Connor or Conrad?- Connor. I've always liked Connor. It seemed like a cool kid name.
Declan or Deacon?- Declan. Deacon is too wordy for me.
Gareth or Garrett?- I don't like either, but Garrett is better. Rhett would be a nice nn.
Lincoln or Lachlan?- oh. Why would you do this? I love both. I guess I will say Lachlan because Lincoln is getting popular.
Ronan or Rohan?- Ronan, but I don't like either.
Parker or Porter?- Porter is a bit cooler, because I've never met one, but I don't like either.
Ryder or Rylan(d)?- Rylan. Ryder brings up not so nice imagery.
Sawyer or Schuyler?- can neither be an option. I guess Sawyer is better. But both are nms, at all.
Xander or Xavier?- Xander. Prefer it as a nn, but I'm not a fan of Xavier.Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
Current Favorites:| Ariadne | Calliope | Eulalie | Georgiana | Marta | Cecily | Hermione | Jane | Isabel | Petra |
| Linus | Jonas | Basil | Jude | Augustine | Jasper | Thomas | Ezra | Gus | Augustus |
Pondering: | Cecilia |
Have a fabulous day!
September 25th, 2013 08:44 PM #8
Ashton or Asher?
- I definitely prefer Asher. I knew several Ashtons and none of them were the least bit kind to me. Asher has the currently trendy -er ending.
Colton or Colter?
- Colton most definitely. Colter just sounds odd and unpleasant. And bonus points for the Colton Haynes association.
Connor or Conrad?
- In theory, both are nice, but Connor takes my vote. Though I do love the vintage-y feel of Conrad, Connor seems more modern and life-long.
Declan or Deacon?
- I want to say Deacon, but all I can think of are adorable Pembroke-Welsh corgis running around. So, my vote goes to Declan.
Gareth or Garrett?
- I much prefer Garrett. I actually know a guy with this name and he's such a sweet and humble guy. Gareth sounds a bit dark and sinister, though I do see its potential.
Lincoln or Lachlan?
- Oh my gosh, I like both of these names! Um, Lincoln does have the Honest Abe association, but Lachlan gives a nice sense of imagery: a boy playing along side a stream, skipping rocks and watching little fish swim along the edge. So Lachlan.
Ronan or Rohan?
- I'm not really a fan of either, but Ronan sounds more pleasing to my ears.
Parker or Porter?
- Porter. I never got on board with the whole Parker thing and have long since given the name to the girls. Plus the name Porter has a special meaning for me.
Ryder or Rylan(d)?
- My first thought for these names is ew, but Ryder seems more... I don't know. I pick Ryder though.
Sawyer or Schuyler?
- Sawyer by far. Schuyler is a bit hard for me to spell. It also has the chance of being mispronounced, as a pp said.
Xander or Xavier?
- I feel like you did this on purpose since I like both of these names. If both was an option that would be my choice. I like Xander because of the Buffy character reference, but Xavier has the Professor X namesake... I can't choose.just a confused teenberry.
corbin | leo | malcolm | pierce
anastasia | cordelia | delphine | ramona
September 25th, 2013 08:51 PM #10
September 25th, 2013 09:33 PM #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
Ashton or Asher?- I think Asher is better cause it doesn't have any strong associations like Ashton does to Kutcher. Asher also feels more naturey & of-the-moment
Colton or Colter?- Not a big fan of either. Maybe Colton? How about Cotton?
Connor or Conrad?- Conrad feels strong while Connor feels a bit 90s
Declan or Deacon?- Deacon.
Gareth or Garrett?- Garrett feels stronger & less lispy
Lincoln or Lachlan?- Lincoln feels stronger & more storied
Ronan or Rohan?- NMS but I guess Ronan
Parker or Porter?- Neither really are for me cause I don't like occupation names like these, but Porter wins cause of Porter Wagoner.
Ryder or Rylan(d)- I guess Ryder, but they're nms
Sawyer or Schuyler?- Sawyer
Xander or Xavier?- Xavier
Conrad & Lincoln are my faves!
September 25th, 2013 09:47 PM #14
Ashton or Asher?- ASHER
Colton or Colter- NEITHER
Connor or Conrad?- CONNOR
Declan or Deacon?- DECLAN BUT NEITHER ARE MY STYLE
Gareth or Garrett? GARRETT BUT I ONCE MET A MAN GARNET AND NOW I PREFER IT
Lincoln or Lachlan?- LACHLAN
Ronan or Rohan?RONAN
Parker or Porter? NEITHER
Ryder or Rylan(d)?NEITHER
Sawyer or Schuyler? SAWYER.. SO CUTE!
Xander or Xavier?- XAVIERon the search for the perfect girls name!