Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Romantic first name for a traveler

My typo bothered me so much I had to repost my thread. I don't know how to delete a thread I started, so ignore the other one.

Right now my two top boys names are Somerled- summer traveler and Ferdinand- brave journey. The problem is everything else on my boys lists seem boring right now: Conrad, Thomas, Hugh. I could not convince hubby to ever use Ferdinand or Somerled as first names, so I am requesting some assistance in creating some beautiful combos to dazzle him with, pretty please.

Some I've thought of:

Vincent Somerled
    Niall Somerled
    Leon Anthony Somerled
    Orlando Somerled
    Magnus Ferdinand
    Otto Ferdinand
    Victor Ferdinand.

None of these are quite hitting the spot except maybe Niall Somerled. I want something that is strong yet gentle, maybe a bit mischievous and boyish yet mature.
    My boys <3 Warren Isaac and Lee Anthony <3
    My Favorite Names

Mary, Athena, Leona, Andromeda, Ruth, Antonia, Roisin, Julia, Bethan, Amy, Rosa, Olwen, Calista, Anthea, Honora

Tom, Marco, Xavier, Gareth, Orion, Donovan, Noel, Joaquin, Sylvan, Otto, Somerled, Lloyd, Kurt, Vincent, Ferdinand
    Working on some combinations . . . Suggestions are always welcome.

I don't really have any suggestions or opinions on the first names you have listed, but I just wanted to say that I swooned over Somerled and I've always liked Ferdinand but didn't know it's amazing meaning! I hope you win your husband over for them as first names!
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

Otto Ferdinand is great! My husband and I are considering Ferdinand as a middle for our son.
    Wren (03.08), Estella (05.10), Blair (10.11), and Yves (12.13).

I love Niall Somerled - swoon! And also Magnus Ferdinand! LOVE Magnus! (although I prefer Somerled in the middle) Have you considered Odysseus? I love that name....I heard it on a young boy in a French film and it was gorgeous when they said it! What about famous travelers names - Leif, Christopher, etc..? Or what about some 'place' names that could be anywhere in the world - like Cove, Dale, Warren (hee hee), etc...My sister just had a baby boy and named him Lochlan, which means 'Land of the Lakes' which seems very romantic and travelish. I've always loved Whistler, too...not just for the mountain, but because I just imagine a boy/man traveling along, whistling as he goes...

Perrin is a name that means 'traveler' (Perrine for a girl); it's French. Perrin Somerled sounds good to me.