Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Romantic first name for a traveler

My typo bothered me so much I had to repost my thread. I don't know how to delete a thread I started, so ignore the other one.

Right now my two top boys names are Somerled- summer traveler and Ferdinand- brave journey. The problem is everything else on my boys lists seem boring right now: Conrad, Thomas, Hugh. I could not convince hubby to ever use Ferdinand or Somerled as first names, so I am requesting some assistance in creating some beautiful combos to dazzle him with, pretty please.

Some I've thought of:

Vincent Somerled
    Niall Somerled
    Leon Anthony Somerled
    Orlando Somerled
    Magnus Ferdinand
    Otto Ferdinand
    Victor Ferdinand.

None of these are quite hitting the spot except maybe Niall Somerled. I want something that is strong yet gentle, maybe a bit mischievous and boyish yet mature.
    My boys <3 Warren Isaac <3 and coming soon Lee ???, due 01/01/2015
    Rosemary, Athena, Leona, Andromeda, Mary, Antonia, Roisin, Julia, Noelle, Delphine, Solenne, Amy, Rosa, Eve, Mireille, Victoria, Gillian, Nadia, Calista, Anthea, Honora

Thomas \ Tom, Lawrence, Orion, Neil, Solomon, Glen, Graham, Donovan, Isaac, Dean, Joaquin, Ivan, Otto, Hugh, Somerled, Lloyd, Kurt, Oscar, Victor, Vincent, Ferdinand

I don't really have any suggestions or opinions on the first names you have listed, but I just wanted to say that I swooned over Somerled and I've always liked Ferdinand but didn't know it's amazing meaning! I hope you win your husband over for them as first names!
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

Otto Ferdinand is great! My husband and I are considering Ferdinand as a middle for our son.
    Wren (03.08), Estella (05.10), Blair (10.11), and Yves (12.13).

I love Niall Somerled - swoon! And also Magnus Ferdinand! LOVE Magnus! (although I prefer Somerled in the middle) Have you considered Odysseus? I love that name....I heard it on a young boy in a French film and it was gorgeous when they said it! What about famous travelers names - Leif, Christopher, etc..? Or what about some 'place' names that could be anywhere in the world - like Cove, Dale, Warren (hee hee), etc...My sister just had a baby boy and named him Lochlan, which means 'Land of the Lakes' which seems very romantic and travelish. I've always loved Whistler, too...not just for the mountain, but because I just imagine a boy/man traveling along, whistling as he goes...

Perrin is a name that means 'traveler' (Perrine for a girl); it's French. Perrin Somerled sounds good to me.