Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A strong & masculine Simon?

Hello everyone!

I am playing with the name Simon as a first name for my son (due 12.31.13). It is a family name for me that I'd really love to use. I know it can at least be the middle name, but I would really like to use it as a first name. My husband is kind of open to the name, but doesn't think that it is masculine or strong. Can anyone think of a famous "guy's guy" named Simon? Maybe an athlete?

Trust me; I'm not going to force a name on my husband, but since he's willing to consider it, I'd like some evidence to bolster my case.

Thanks!!

Here's a list of famous men named Simon: http://www.babynamefacts.com/babynam...N#.UkMY6t0j-Ew

Simon is a great name by the way!
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I would say Simon Cowell (British producer) is a "guy's guy." Others: Simon LeBon (of the group Duran Duran in the 80s); Simon Gagne, professional hockey player; Simon Agoston, Olympic athlete; Simon Aspelin, professional tennis player.
    Last edited by kyemsma; September 25th, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Love the name Simon but that's my issue with it too. Seems extremely bookish (which I like). But not a manly name, ya know? To me at least
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

I think it can all depend on the middle name you pair with it.

Simon Alexander sounds regal and masculine.

Or something more "modern" like maybe Simon Wolf, Simon Gray, Simon Wilder, Simon Walker, Simon Wiley
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses