Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Lorraine

I am due in a few weeks with a daughter, and we plan to name her Sadie, as well. I have the same concerns you do, and have been obsessively following threads about the name since we decided on it. I keep mentioning these concerns to my husband, and he thinks they are all very minor and not a big deal, and that it will work well on an adult. The dog thing doesn't bother me at all, because like someone else mentioned, other popular dog names are also common for kids. So that would be my response if people say anything. My husband has loved it since I suggested it to him months ago, and I love it, too, so our mind is made up!

I like it, and the combo is really nice. It has a flow that would be hard to replicate.

I totally agree with katemcnamelover about the trend to use favorite people names for dogs. I work in animal care, and my dog clients have names like Charlie (2 of them), Riley, Zoe, Oliver, Maizie, etc. While I like the names, I totally don't get the urge to give common people names to dogs. My animals are family, but they are also... well, animals!! They have the wonderful privilege of never needing to fill out SS forms or tolerate name bullying at the playground. We also get to meet them before bestowing the names, in most cases. Why waste that opportunity to give out really descriptive, unique, fun names?? (My dogs are Pippin and Strider, ftr.)

Um, anyway, sorry for the rant! I don't have any Sadies, actually... but if I did, it wouldn't change my opinion. As for the word associations, they never crossed my mind at all. It's just not the feel I get from the name when I read/say it. I get strong name imagery from this choice, actually: someone very loving and warm, with colors of caramel and the tiger's eye stone. Whether that's hair, skin, eyes-- I don't know, I just see those colors.

I think you should go for it.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott

I like Sadie Lorraine! really nice flow! =) This is the best combo I have seen for Sadie

I love Lorraine, but I was never a fan of Sadie.

Sadie Lorraine is such a cute combo. Spunky and sweet. : )
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014