Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Biggest Name Crush on....

I have the biggest name crush right now on the name Téa (TAY-uh). WDYT of it? Do you think the accent would be too difficult? Would you spell it differently
    Gracie ~ Teen Berry ~ Not Expecting, Just Planning

Some people spell it Thea, which obviously means you have to correct people who want to pronounce it like Theo with an a, but I think that might be easier than trying to get people to use an accent mark in the United States or convince people not to pronounce Tea like the drink. More Americans understand silent H's than accent marks, and many American forms will just completely ignore accent marks.

I don't like it. The accent would be very irritating. Think about punching our name in at a photo kiosk, or spelling it for the guy at Panera Bread. You would get a lot of weird looks. And personally, I wouldn't like Thea if pronounced Tay-uh
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

If you want that pronunciation, go for Taya.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I'd spell it Thea. Being of Dutch heritage, I always pronounce Thea and Theo as TAY-uh and TAY-oh, but you might get the occasional "the" sound. However, I've found that names with accents are always even more difficult, especially if typing online, on scantron sheets, etc. Without the accent, it just looks like tea, the drink.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid