Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I be?

Hybrid View

Question Could I be?

18 days late here. The husband and I have been trying to almost 2 months now. I got off birth control when we made the decision to start trying. It is very unusual for me to be this late. I have been a couple days late when getting off birth control before, but 18? I take a test (many kinds, even the ones from obgyn offices that they use) every few days, and they all come up negative. I am not really stressing over anything. I am happy and healthy. Things are going well, other than the fact that I cannot be one of those happy new mothers who get to experience a positive pregnancy test and then shove that nasty thing in front of their husband's face. Oh pregnancy, testing ones patience one day at a time! My mother tells me to take a test 4 days before my NEXT missed period. I had an exam 2 1'2 weeks ago and the doctor told me take another test in 10 days if no period. No period, negative test still.
    It is also way too early for symptoms, but I am already experiencing them...maybe I am having a phantom pregnancy? >_<
    --weight gain, backaches, nausea daily, headaches here and there, hunger, sleepy all the time. All these are unusual for me.
    Anyone else out there have this happen and turned out not to be pregnant or the opposite?

I don't know if this helps at all but my mom has told me that she had to be at least 6 weeks along before she would test positive with each of her 6 pregnancies, (even the with the blood tests) with some women it just takes longer for the tests to work. With one pregnancy my mom was 8 weeks along before she tested positive. She also had symptoms before she found out for sure. So you could be one of those women who doesn't test positive until you're farther along, don't give up hope yet!
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

I think if you just went off BC, that's a pretty likely reason for you to be irregular. Even if it never happened before, a different pill, different length of time you took it, weight changes, or just your age could make you skip a period after stopping BC.

But, like the above said, some women take longer to test positive. 18 days seems like it'd be a long time to test negative, and pregnancy tests are much more sensitive and accurate from when our moms used them.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

It's definitely possible that you're pregnant and not testing positive yet, but if you've recently come off birth control, that may be the culprit. My first cycle off the pill was longer than usual, and I had light spotting instead of bleeding. I wouldn't have counted it as a period at all, except that my basal body temperature (BBT) dropped as well. I also experienced nausea and back pain. There are some others on the TTC thread who had very long cycles post-Pill. I hope for your sake that it's not that, but you may want to go back to your doctor for another blood test. Do you know when or whether you ovulated? If you have been using OPKs or taking your BBT and know you ovulated, it would be very strange to have no period and no positive test yet. I'd go to the doctor either way.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Thank you so much

I appreciate the feedback. It helps a lot. Crazy that it would be after 8 weeks for a positive test! I was told my the doctor that some women just have really low hCg. It's possible that I may be one of those women.
    The reason why I'm more focused on thinking that I am is mainly because any time I missed my birth control pills I would immediately spot or get my period sooner than normal. I would definitely pay for forgetting it that day! When I first stopped I got my period ...which was around the time my period was suppose to come, I got it. And this months period never came along.
    My body never fails to bring that along! Not saying it's impossible for changes. Just saying it's very out of the ordinary. It's great to have a break from it! =)
    I think only time will tell now. My next period should come around next week, and if it doesn't. It's test time, and yet again doctor time.