Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name should I choose?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elva

2 6.67%
  • Jessany

3 10.00%
  • Lowra

0 0%
  • Maddigan

3 10.00%
  • Marta

6 20.00%
  • Olivette

6 20.00%
  • Seffine

7 23.33%
  • Suselle

1 3.33%
  • Tamosina

1 3.33%
  • Zemma

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I figured they were pronounced that way. With Lowra, I figured it was either an alternate spelling of Laura, or like Lawry's or LOH-ra like you said, and with Tamosina I figured it was Thomas-eena or Tamma-See-Nuh.

Looks like it's between Marta and Seffine at the moment! Hope it doesn't end in a tie, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I would definitely avoid Marta, because I have the impression it's a very popular Hispanic name, and I'm not fond of using overly popular names in fantasy. Olivette is probably my favourite, but I don't like it at all when attached to Lockett - the double -ett sound totally kills it for me (although "Oli Lockett" totally sounds like someone I would want to hug).

In the end, I chose Maddigan because to me, that one sounded most like something "Lemmy" and "Padrig" would choose.
    The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
    Design - Illustration - MultimediaShe Draws Nerdy Stuff
    I dig androgynous names and hate "creative" spellings. Since I'm not a kid person, I'm probably just here to name video game characters.

Cashel's got a daughter??????? You didn't say spoiler-alert... .

I'm torn three ways here, between Seffine, Jessany and Tamosina. I think these three are all really good choices, they've got that little twist on a normal name feel that you've got going on. I also like Elva and Marta though, especially as her family (mother, father and aunt) have "normal" names. May I ask who named her? I think Cashel would choose Jessany, Grace Seffine/Elva and Maybelle Tamosina/Marta/Suselle. See? I'm very helpful.

And don't throw your book away. We love it!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Cashel's got a daughter??????? You didn't say spoiler-alert... .

I'm torn three ways here, between Seffine, Jessany and Tamosina. I think these three are all really good choices, they've got that little twist on a normal name feel that you've got going on. I also like Elva and Marta though, especially as her family (mother, father and aunt) have "normal" names. May I ask who named her? I think Cashel would choose Jessany, Grace Seffine/Elva and Maybelle Tamosina/Marta/Suselle. See? I'm very helpful.

And don't throw your book away. We love it!
    Sorry! I didn't think of that, lol. It's not too much of a spoiler in the grand scheme of things Maybelle named her I don't imagine her as having the best taste in names.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!