Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name should I choose?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elva

2 6.67%
  • Jessany

3 10.00%
  • Lowra

0 0%
  • Maddigan

3 10.00%
  • Marta

6 20.00%
  • Olivette

6 20.00%
  • Seffine

7 23.33%
  • Suselle

1 3.33%
  • Tamosina

1 3.33%
  • Zemma

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I figured they were pronounced that way. With Lowra, I figured it was either an alternate spelling of Laura, or like Lawry's or LOH-ra like you said, and with Tamosina I figured it was Thomas-eena or Tamma-See-Nuh.

Looks like it's between Marta and Seffine at the moment! Hope it doesn't end in a tie, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I would definitely avoid Marta, because I have the impression it's a very popular Hispanic name, and I'm not fond of using overly popular names in fantasy. Olivette is probably my favourite, but I don't like it at all when attached to Lockett - the double -ett sound totally kills it for me (although "Oli Lockett" totally sounds like someone I would want to hug).

In the end, I chose Maddigan because to me, that one sounded most like something "Lemmy" and "Padrig" would choose.
    The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
    Design - Illustration - MultimediaShe Draws Nerdy Stuff
    I dig androgynous names and hate "creative" spellings. Since I'm not a kid person, I'm probably just here to name video game characters.

Cashel's got a daughter??????? You didn't say spoiler-alert... .

I'm torn three ways here, between Seffine, Jessany and Tamosina. I think these three are all really good choices, they've got that little twist on a normal name feel that you've got going on. I also like Elva and Marta though, especially as her family (mother, father and aunt) have "normal" names. May I ask who named her? I think Cashel would choose Jessany, Grace Seffine/Elva and Maybelle Tamosina/Marta/Suselle. See? I'm very helpful.

And don't throw your book away. We love it!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Cashel's got a daughter??????? You didn't say spoiler-alert... .

I'm torn three ways here, between Seffine, Jessany and Tamosina. I think these three are all really good choices, they've got that little twist on a normal name feel that you've got going on. I also like Elva and Marta though, especially as her family (mother, father and aunt) have "normal" names. May I ask who named her? I think Cashel would choose Jessany, Grace Seffine/Elva and Maybelle Tamosina/Marta/Suselle. See? I'm very helpful.

And don't throw your book away. We love it!
    Sorry! I didn't think of that, lol. It's not too much of a spoiler in the grand scheme of things Maybelle named her I don't imagine her as having the best taste in names.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.