Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I agree with Jem. Find something longer that has Etta in it. Julietta nn Etta or Julie later if you'd like it more. Not as confusing for her that way. Here are more ideas:

Aletta
    Benedetta
    Colletta
    Coretta
    Fiammetta
    Gianetta
    Henrietta
    Jaquenetta
    Jetta
    Loretta
    Lucetta
    Marietta
    Marquetta
    Odetta
    Rosetta
    Yetta

If you really dislike it, you should change it while she's still small. It'll be harder later. A name is forever so you should love it.
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I think poster above has great suggestions. I do think it's too late to start from scratch. Pick some like Julietta or Henrietta. Or just go with Etta. Definitely do it fast, because I don't think you have too much time.

Also Evetta
    Annetta

Good Luck!
    Last edited by emilyva; September 25th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Coretta Mae is a nice combo. Maybe Greta?

Stretching it a little more-

Charlotte/Charlotta
    Elisabeta
    Bernadette
    Margaret

I think we'd need to know a little more to really offer reassurance. It's a pretty name though.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott

Etta Mae is very darling, really it is. But since she's 15 months old and knows it by now, and you really want to change it, why not change it to something like Odetta, Bernadetta, Henrietta, Harrietta, Arietta, Isabetta, Alouetta, Annetta, Fiametta, Floretta, Evetta, Novetta, Julietta, Loretta/Lauretta, Luetta, Lucetta, Lynnetta, Marietta, Nanetta, Rosetta, Aurletta/Orletta, Olivetta, Scarletta, Violetta, Willetta, Wynetta/Winetta, Ionetta (ee-oh-netta or eye-oh-netta). That way she know's she's Etta, but as she gets older learns her whole first name. It'll also keep both you and your husband happy.

My fave pairings:
    Odetta Mae
    Harrietta Mae
    Floretta Mae
    Evetta Mae
    Julietta Mae
    Lauretta Mae
    Lucetta Mae
    Lynnetta Mae
    Marietta Mae
    Rosetta Mae
    Olivetta Mae- absolute fave; so cute! nn Ollie, Liv, Etta.
    Livetta Mae
    Violetta Mae
    Willetta Mae
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I agree with the others that if you change it you need to do it soon and changing it to a name Etta can be a nn for would be your best bet. There are plenty of full names for Etta if you chose to go that route. You already got plenty of suggustions but I'm gonna add Estelle/Estella nn Etta. Good luck!
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~