Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sound feminine?

Sound feminine?

I love the name August for a boy nickname Augie but my husband thinks it sounds feminine. What are your thoughts?

I don't think August is feminine. I believe it was originally a boy's name. It is currently ranked 333 as a boy's name and unranked as a girl's name. So I think you are fine.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

I know a boy named August that goes by Augie and has never been bullied about his name. August sounds strong and masculine to me, Augie may be a little girlier because of the "ie" ending but with a full name like August he would be fine.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

To me it sounds feminine... but I can objectively see it as unisex as Augusta is female and Augustus is male

To me, August is all male. I like it with the nn Gus, Augie doesn't do anything for me.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey