Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nicknames as Full Names

I'm just wondering what the general consensus of nicknames as full names is. Personally, I don't like it, but I might be warming up to a select few. I LOVE Charlie, but have tried to like Charles and have failed. Same goes for Theo (Theodore). I wouldn't be against using Charles or Theodore in the middle somewhere, but I don't think I'm against using either Charlie or Theo in the middle either anymore. So, what's your general opinion?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I like a lot of nicknames as first names, like
    girls
    Alex, Elle, Ellie, Emme, Lila, Lily, Liv, Lola, Lucy, Mila, Nora, and Sammie

boys
    Ace, Alex, Colt, Eli, Gray, Leo, Liam, Max, and Ty

I do not like a lot of those full names.

I don't mind nicknames as full names, its perfectly okay. Why choose the full name instead of the nickname if you don't like it?
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I agree with Olivia. In my signature I have that I love nicknames as full names.
    I remember when the birth of Anna Paquin and Stephan Moyer's twins everyone seemed to think that Charlie and Poppy were too nicknamey. Poppy is an actual name people.

I don't see the point of naming your son Archibald when all you want is Archie.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I love the nickname Charlie too, but couldn't use Charles because I dated someone with that name. He was only ever called Chuckie and it always shocked me when I remembered his name was actually Charles (when I hear the name Charles, Ingalls comes to mind) but I still couldn't use it. I really love the (nick)name Charlie though. I probably still won't use it though. However, I don't much like the name Charles anyway, and would probably use Charlie on it's own even if I'd never dated someone named Charles.

Back to the point, I think nicknames as names are usually fine. If you like the nickname better than the name, use the nickname.
    Vincent, Henrik, Thomas, William, Jaques, Alfred 'Alfie', Isaiah, Sylvan

Vincentia, Henrietta, Thomasin, Colette, Damaris, Sheila, Aria, Elodie

Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)