Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Could this be it?? What do you think?

Many of you have been helping me decide on a girl's name for our fraternal twins that are arriving in about a month...hopefully! To recap, the boy is Otto Warren after my FIL and my dad, and I have been trying to decide on a girls name that represents my mother and MIL middle names, Marie and Jeanne. What do you think about this?

Ella Marjeanne (Mar-jean). It combines grandmothers Marie, Jeanne, and great grandmothers Marjorie and Marilyn. It is a bit made up, but is meaningful.

My other option is Ellajeanne Marie....nice, but a long first name?

What do you think?

My favourite out of the two is Ella Marjeanne even though I'm not keen on smoosh names I feel this one is fine because it's meaningful and middle names should be meaningful.

Are we set on Ella?

I think it's a little too matchy with Otto. I remember you had Adela on the list, which I adore paired with your boy, and think is infinitely preferable to Ella. You could even call her "Ella" as a nickname for Adela, but I don't think that's the best choice on its own. Can you give a list of all possible first names still in the running?

I don't think I can get on board with Marjeanne. It doesn't have a very appealing sound, and it does immediately seem made-up. Same with Ellajeanne. I personally think you should stop trying to please everyone by honoring the whole family with a name. It's very sweet of you to try, but it's unnecessary.
    It's a GIRL!! First babe, due 4/17.

Arietta June, Guinevere Pearl, Cordelia Wynn, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Faye
    Mattias Leo, Leander Paul, Cassian James, Macsen George

What about Ella or Adela Jeanmarie, Jeanne Marie?

I'm also not a huge fan of the smoosh, sorry. Have you considered Marianne?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid