Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Freya

I love the name Freya! I'd use it, except we already named the cats Thor and Loki, so it's kind of a no-go... Out of your combos, my favorite is Freya Winter.
    Writer. Name lover. Dreamer.

Current favorites:
    Genevieve Lyra and Theodore Jon

Thank you for your input.

I'm a huge fan of Norse mythology; when I was 13 I discovered it and looked into every story I could find on it. Loki was my favorite, but in recent years I've been finding him to be misogynistic and that makes me like him much less now. I always thought Lokasenna would make a really cool name, but again it pretty much means Tale of Loki, as its the epic poem all about Loki, and he's a misogynistic pig. lol

I also liked his son Fenrir (great if you love wolves; his story/prophecy is really cool), and daughter Hel, since its very unusual that a woman control the underworld or realm of the dead. I like powerful woman figures, so I definitely love Freya! Edda is also a great name for a girl (in my opinion) as it is the collection of Old Norse stories/poems; its a great name if you love Norse mythology, the arts, and maybe even Edgar/Edmund/Edwin/Edward, etc.

When it comes to pairing Freya with a middle, I'm not a huge fan of mixing up mythologies, but since Melusine is of European/Germanic origin and is related to folklore, I wouldn't mind it, though I don't like the way Freya Melusine sounds and flows. Melusine is a really cool name, especially if you're into mermaids or the sea! Melusine Pearl or Melusine Marina would be darling. I really, really like Freya with Winter, since Ragnarok is prophesized to be filled with natural disasters. But then again, Freya paired with anything water related would be neat, as Regnarok also submerges the world in water. So Freya Marine would be lovely.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I have always love Freya- there is something so romantic about the name.

Your combos are beautiful- I have fallen in love with Freya Bryony.
    "no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing- the dream that you wish will come true..."

sugar and spice and everything nice <3
    Helene | Greta | Felicity | Aprile | Loretta | Heloise| Rosemary | June | Gretchen

slugs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails <3
    Brock | Clark | Ulysses | Thaddeus | Jude | Ellis | Edgar | Archer

TTC #1 since August 2012

I've said this before. I don't know why, but when I hear or read the name Freya, I immediately think of "fry cook." I don't know why. I know it's ridiculous.