Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister name for Seamus

Hello all.
    I have fallen in love with Seamus. The name sounds masculine, strong, but sweet. What do you think of the name Seamus?
    I am having a hard time finding a girl name that sounds good with it.
    This is my list of girl names I like, in no particular order:
    Pascale
    Ophelia
    August
    Marigold
    Circe/Cersei
    Penelope
    Nora
    Adeline
    Estella/Stella

Which of these names do you think would fit best with brother Seamus? Do you have any other suggestions or middles? Thanks and take it away!

Marigold! I just added it to my list.
    Cecily Melody Valerie Bridget Amoret Amethyst Charlotte Rosamund Nimue Valkyrie Lenore Seraphina Flora Alma Saskia Aurora Miranda Doroteja Eliska Magdalena Helena Ravenna Elaine Rosalyn Beatrice Alice
    Duncan Thorin Robin Julian Florian Sylvan Amadeus Magnus Lucius Clarence Edmund Edward Desmond Raphael Marcel Pascal Emil Arthur Zephyr Lysander Gaspar Edgar Harvey Wesley Percy Ludwig Beowulf Frey Erik Robert Gustav Felix

Nora is the obvious choice because both are Irish. However I also think some of the other names can work.
    With Seamus I like
    Nora
    Adeline
    Penelope
    Stella or Estelle
    My little man O.P arrived 6-14-15
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Gwen-Prue-Anna-Ella-Leia-Eve-Arianne-Lila-Averie-Rowan-Elowen-Freya-Faye-Violet-Adair-Nina-Liana

Rory-Finn-Logan-Declan-Rhys-Ronan-Cillian-Sean-Owen-Miles-Lorcan-Griffin-Jack-Ian-Calder-Emmett-Lucas-Cormac-Archer-George-Alexander-Flynn

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea

Seamus is so cool! The first time I saw this name I thought it was pronounced as sea-moos, I was about five and mus is Norwegian for mouse. I was obsessed with C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia at this point so I associated the name Seamus with the mouse Reepicheep who was a mouse at sea, haha. So I like Seamus very much, although I was slightly disappointed when I realised it was pronounced very differently to how I thought it was... oh, well, I got over it!

Of your names I think Marigold would be smashing perfection with Seamus. I'd imagine them to be raised on an organic farm, swimming in the tall grass, playing peek-a-boo with the cats and chasing chickens. Silly chickens... I also think Stella and Penelope would be great.

If you want some more Celtic-ness:
    Betsan
    Bonnie (how cute is Bonnie?)
    Lilwen
    Nessa/Nesta

Other random things:
    Anouk
    Esme
    Gaia
    Ismene
    Linnea
    Lucina
    Sabina
    Vesta
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I like Nora!