Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

International Opinions on Ebony

My name is Ebony which I know is considered trashy in America and the UK. The thing is my name is the same as an American child star except she is Ebonie. And as a berry taste question 57% of berries preferred Ivory. Also I would love to live somewhere else but with my name I'm not sure how it would work. I am looking for honest opinions on Ebony. Would you assume that she was black? Would you assume she was lower class?

Please don't hold back simply because it is my name.

Ebony
    Last edited by ebenezer.scrouge; September 23rd, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I think Ebony is a gorgeous name! If you want to live elsewhere no one will look down at you for your name. Ebony is actually on my list, I find it beautiful! If it helps I thought about my name the same way, but when I moved and met new people they all loved my name.
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

I have always rather liked Ebony.
    I don't necessarily think of dark skin, but I do think of dark features: brown eyes, black hair etc.

Ebonie is terrible, but mainly because of the deliberate misspelling - it screams 'uneducated', and I would rope it in with names like Randi, Nevaeh, Princess etc.
    New username is @ truenature

I find it a bit juvenile-sounding, but not trashy in the way you're thinking. More like something a middle school emo kid would try to rename herself.

I wouldn't assume an Ebony was black (although the one I used to know is black.) And while it's NMS, I do think it's a pretty sound.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Yes, I would assume she is black. I have a weird dualistic feeling about this name, where I'm conscious of the reputation (admittedly kind of stripper-ish) -- but at the same time, I know I'd feel quite differently about it if it were a "blank slate" name, with no prior associations. My blank slate opinion would be quite positive, because it has a beautiful sound and a nature/imagery-related meaning.

Given that, it's smart to ask for international opinions. I'm originally from the Midwestern USA.
    Married to my best friend since 6-30-11 ♥ Mama to two herding dogs, a wooly rabbit & a purring machine

Current favorite combos for the women-to-be: Rowena Claire (Winnie) | Amabel Jane | Lilias Eve | Helene Iona (Lena)

And the little men: Theodore James (Teddy) | Cedric Muir | Jude Peregrine | Henry Alcott