Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think Emily Lavender May is perfection. I like Emily more as a given name, but Millie is always a cute nickname, and if she wants, she can go by her full name or a middle name later in life.

I agree with millies_mom. The names are too close...all of them. If you have an Amy I'd look for a name that wasn't the same or sounding so much like Amy. Freya, Ruby, Ann, Rose, Katherine and Lavender are all really beautiful choices! Katherine Rose ( Kate and Amy), Lavender Ann (Aven and Amy), Freya Rose (Freya and Amy), Rose Katherine ( Rosie and Amy.)
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

Amy and Emily is ideal; these two classic names couldn't be more compatible.

Amy-Louise, nn Lulu and Emily-Frances, nn Frankie or Emily-Margaret, nn Maisie

karacavazos - Amy-Louise & Emily Freya Rose - Thank you this one is my fave.

lkane - Thank You.

millies_mom - "But you need to branch out and keep looking, there are thousands of names out there and I'm sure you'll find a gorgeous one that will sound great with your Amy. " - I find that offensive, You can not tell me what to do I am my own person and I find that very rude I know it's your opinion but you do not tell someone what to do 'You need to branch out and keep looking' - I asked for opinions on the names not to get belittled and talked to like I'm a child.

Amelia & Emily are both my great grandmothers names. my daughter is named after Amelia who' NN was Amy (in her early years her NN was Millie but she didnt like it when she got older). Emily her NN was Emi when she was younger but changed it to Millie when she got older. - So Amy & Millie mean something to Me.

Have you considered:
    Aurelia/Ariana/Milena/Lena - These all seem weird to me as they seen a bit too out there for our taste.
    Olivia - I HATE this name with a passion.
    Eliana - I'm unsure. - I do like Emiliana though.
    Nellie/Nell - Too Old lady ish.
    Tillie - I cant use as a cousin has a Matilda NN Tilly.

waverly1234 -
    Emilia/Emalea - is basically Amelia but spelt differently, so they'd probably be too close. - I do like Emiliana though.
    Emmeline - I love this one but my boyfriendid unsure.

axps123 - I think Emily Lavender May is perfection. I like Emily more as a given name, but Millie is always a cute nickname, and if she wants, she can go by her full name or a middle name later in life. - Thank you. I love this name also. I have alaways said she can do by her full name or a middle name later in life if she doesnt like her name.

goodkarmavt - Freya, Ruby, Annabelle, Abigail, Seren, Adelaide, Bianca, Fiona, Bethany/Bethan, Holly, Heidi, Lucy, Clara, Imogen, Kaitlyn (He likes this spelling because he's only ever seen it spelt this way) - These are the other names on our FN list just unsure on MN's for them. - Katherine Rose (Kate and Amy), Lavender Ann (Aven and Amy), Freya Rose (Freya and Amy), Rose Katherine (Rosie and Amy) - I like Freya Rose best - Any other names to go between Freya & Rose see above why. - Katherine Rose I'm unsure of as I have a friend called Katherine, Rose/Rosie I cant use as FN as my cousins girlfriend is called Rosie. - Lavender Ann is pretty but I'm usnure as it doesnt feel like a name that will grow with the child.
    Proud mama to Leopold and Sena Ella Rose

apollonia - Amy-Louise, nn Lulu and Emily-Frances, nn Frankie or Emily-Margaret, nn Maisie - I love your name options it's just a shame Frances & Maisey are in the family already. - I'm unsure how 2 hyphenated names will look.

"I thought we'd carry it on with our second daughter being named after my great grandmother. - my boyfriends great grandmothers his nephew is named after. "

Sorry, I guess I missed the context because the sentence above didn't make any sense. I didn't mean to upset you, but I did give you my honest opinion, and I'm apparently not the only one to think that your names are too close. And I still think so, but hey, you certainly don't have to listen to me or anyone else here.

Anyway, I shall rephrase: I sincerely, and respectfully, believe that you should keep looking for a first name for your second daughter. However, in light of the context that I now better understand, I would encourage you to use either Emily or Millie as a middle name instead. This way, you could still honour your great grandmother while also giving your new daughter a name that will be distinctly her own.

Cheers!