Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Amy & Emily or Amy & Millie

We have both always love Emily & Amelia and as our daughter is named Amy, Amelia as a given name Is out. I thought we'd carry it on with our second daughter being named after my great grandmother. - my boyfriends great grandmothers his nephew is named after.

Does Amy and Emily sound ok together. Or Amy & Millie sound better. - Which MN sounds better too.

Amy-Louise (NN LuLu - Loo Loo) & Emily Lavender May, Emily Freya Rose, Emily Daisy Marie or Emily Ruby Anne. - NN Millie. Or Amy-Louise & Millie-Mae Katherine, Millie Edna May, Millie Ruby Anne or Millie Ivy May. - Amy other MN suggestions welcome. - surname Kitcher.

P.S. I'm English.

I like Amy-Louise & Emily Freya Rose.
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

Amelia and Millicent or Amy and Millie. Emily is very common. I love Millie, it is adorable, yet classic... and has an old-world feel.

Amy and Millie are two very commonly used nicknames for the same name, Amelia. And Amy and Emily are still very close. My opinion is that once you picked Amy, you ruled out using Amelia, Emily or Millie. It would be like having sisters named Mary and Maria. Same name.

Just my honest opinion. I understand your dilemma though, having an Amelia myself, I couldn't agree more that those are gorgeous names. But you need to branch out and keep looking, there are thousands of names out there and I'm sure you'll find a gorgeous one that will sound great with your Amy.

Have you considered:
    Aurelia
    Olivia
    Eliana
    Ariana
    Nellie
    Nell
    Milena
    Lena
    Tillie

I agree with millies_mom , but if you do pick one, I'd go with Emily.
    Have you consider:
    Emilia
    Emmeline
    Emalea
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.