Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which middle name do you like best with Alexander?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blaise

8 16.00%
  • Constantine

8 16.00%
  • Crispin

2 4.00%
  • Franciszek

0 0%
  • Frederic/k/Fryderyk

5 10.00%
  • Leopold

8 16.00%
  • Nicolai

9 18.00%
  • Percival

0 0%
  • Solomon

9 18.00%
  • Valentin

1 2.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Alexander Nicolai and Alexander Leopold stand out the most to me. I don't think there will be a problem with Theophania and Leopold if you kept Leopold in the middle name slot.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

@erin91, ailidh, and ikfly: Thanks!

@ottilie: No, we're not lukewarm on Percival; we like him very much! There just didn't seem to be anything to say about him.

Oh, my, Little Women! My sister and I actually have LW related names -- I'm a Margaret, nicknamed Meg, and she's Laura, after Theodore "Laurie" Laurence -- so Friedrich would be a nice way to carry on that tradition. (Not to mention, Professor Bhaer was one of my favorite characters in the book. Yeah, I never cared about Jo ending up with Laurie; the professor was more my type. ) It would also take care of the Der-Der thing Mischa pointed out. I'll bring it up with hubby later tonight and see what he thinks.

@misha - Oh, man, I never even noticed the Der-Per and Der-Der! That does give me pause, especially with Percival. At least with Frederick, there's a syllable between them, so I don't think it's quite as noticeable. Thanks for pointing it out, though.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

And then I saw Alexander Frederic. Frederic is not exactly fun but I love the significance it holds for you. Chopin is one of my favourites as well, his music is beautiful. And then I thought; Little Women! How amazing is Friedrich? I'm not suggesting you should use the German spelling, but it's the same name. So I'm throwing my vote for Alexander Frederic.
    I agree with Ottilie! I love Alexander Frederic. For what it's worth, I say Frederic with a silent 'e' in the middle, so it sounds like Fred-ric.
    Last edited by kyemsma; September 24th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

I voted for Alexander Blaise there are a couple on the list that would be choice 2 or 3 but this is No 1.
    Psalm 23

Thanks, everyone.

I asked DH about Friedrich. He's open to the idea, but likes Frederic/k better.

And now I'm not really sure about any of these names any more. The only one I love unabashedly with Alexander is Crispin; I just wish DH liked it more! (Solomon would be good, too, but in that case, I wish I liked it more!) This is so tough... I love Alexander because it contains a lot of the sounds I find appealing in names, but that also makes it difficult to decide on a middle, since those sounds tend to show up in the other names we love! (Or conflict with other names in the possible sibset.)

Back to the drawing board, I guess...
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity