Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which middle name do you like best with Alexander?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blaise

8 16.00%
  • Constantine

8 16.00%
  • Crispin

2 4.00%
  • Franciszek

0 0%
  • Frederic/k/Fryderyk

5 10.00%
  • Leopold

8 16.00%
  • Nicolai

9 18.00%
  • Percival

0 0%
  • Solomon

9 18.00%
  • Valentin

1 2.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Alexander Nicolai and Alexander Leopold stand out the most to me. I don't think there will be a problem with Theophania and Leopold if you kept Leopold in the middle name slot.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

@erin91, ailidh, and ikfly: Thanks!

@ottilie: No, we're not lukewarm on Percival; we like him very much! There just didn't seem to be anything to say about him.

Oh, my, Little Women! My sister and I actually have LW related names -- I'm a Margaret, nicknamed Meg, and she's Laura, after Theodore "Laurie" Laurence -- so Friedrich would be a nice way to carry on that tradition. (Not to mention, Professor Bhaer was one of my favorite characters in the book. Yeah, I never cared about Jo ending up with Laurie; the professor was more my type. ) It would also take care of the Der-Der thing Mischa pointed out. I'll bring it up with hubby later tonight and see what he thinks.

@misha - Oh, man, I never even noticed the Der-Per and Der-Der! That does give me pause, especially with Percival. At least with Frederick, there's a syllable between them, so I don't think it's quite as noticeable. Thanks for pointing it out, though.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

And then I saw Alexander Frederic. Frederic is not exactly fun but I love the significance it holds for you. Chopin is one of my favourites as well, his music is beautiful. And then I thought; Little Women! How amazing is Friedrich? I'm not suggesting you should use the German spelling, but it's the same name. So I'm throwing my vote for Alexander Frederic.
    I agree with Ottilie! I love Alexander Frederic. For what it's worth, I say Frederic with a silent 'e' in the middle, so it sounds like Fred-ric.
    Last edited by kyemsma; September 24th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan

I voted for Alexander Blaise there are a couple on the list that would be choice 2 or 3 but this is No 1.
    Psalm 23

Thanks, everyone.

I asked DH about Friedrich. He's open to the idea, but likes Frederic/k better.

And now I'm not really sure about any of these names any more. The only one I love unabashedly with Alexander is Crispin; I just wish DH liked it more! (Solomon would be good, too, but in that case, I wish I liked it more!) This is so tough... I love Alexander because it contains a lot of the sounds I find appealing in names, but that also makes it difficult to decide on a middle, since those sounds tend to show up in the other names we love! (Or conflict with other names in the possible sibset.)

Back to the drawing board, I guess...
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity