Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is this baby girl name too off the wall?

Hello Fellow Berries!

We're not sure if we're expecting a boy or a girl yet, but I've been playing around with the name Colima for a little girl.

My DH's grandmother came from the city/state of Colima in Mexico and the name isn't really on any lists (which I love.) The name translates to "to place in the hands of the ancestors" which I also thought was fitting and pretty.

However, I've recently begun to question it. I'm wondering if it's too unique. : ) I'm a chronic overthinker and will most likely do this with any name.

Would appreciate your feedback!!!

Thank you!

It has a pretty sound and I like how it has a connection to your family. The literal meaning is nice too. Do you say it cuh-lee-mah or coll-ih-mah? There's also Cosima (cawz-ih-mah) which is a legitimate Greek name with centuries of history. Having a unique name is [usually] great! But be prepared for pronunciation/spelling corrections.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Colima is interesting...can't decide if I like it or not...love Paloma!

Thanks for the input! The pronunciation would be "Co" (as in co-ed) lima "lee-ma" : )

I think Colima is rather sweet. It is a little out there, but no more so than any other location name. Think of Merida which was way off the radar before "Brave". I like Colima and I love the family significance and think nn's Lima and Coma would both be cute.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)