Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talk to me about Delphine.

I just discovered there's a Delphine pretty far up in my family tree, and it sort of ignited a little spark of love I've had for this name. My husband has french heritage, and dolphins have a significance to us as a couple, so it makes it even more fitting.

I guess my biggest gripe about the name is the lack of suitable nicknames. What are your general thoughts about Delphine and what would you go with as a nickname?
    It's a GIRL!! First babe, due 4/17.

Arietta June, Guinevere Pearl, Cordelia Wynn, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Faye
    Mattias Leo, Leander Paul, Cassian James, Macsen George

Delphine is one of my absolute favourite names!!!

I'd use Effie or Ellie for a nickname myself
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

I like Delphine. Del, Dellie, Della, Delphie, Fifi, Dephi could all be nicknames.

I like Delphine a lot! I think Della and Fia could be really cool. I love the sound of Della, and I feel like it'd fit right in with all the Bellas, Ellas, Stellas, and Nells running around...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

If I had a Delphine, she'd probably become Della! Del also comes to mind and evokes the similarly French Adele.