Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talk to me about Delphine.

I just discovered there's a Delphine pretty far up in my family tree, and it sort of ignited a little spark of love I've had for this name. My husband has french heritage, and dolphins have a significance to us as a couple, so it makes it even more fitting.

I guess my biggest gripe about the name is the lack of suitable nicknames. What are your general thoughts about Delphine and what would you go with as a nickname?
    Two pink lines means we're now planning and not just dreaming of names! First babe, due 4/17.

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Arietta June, Leonora Pearl, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose

Delphine is one of my absolute favourite names!!!

I'd use Effie or Ellie for a nickname myself
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

I like Delphine. Del, Dellie, Della, Delphie, Fifi, Dephi could all be nicknames.

I like Delphine a lot! I think Della and Fia could be really cool. I love the sound of Della, and I feel like it'd fit right in with all the Bellas, Ellas, Stellas, and Nells running around...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

If I had a Delphine, she'd probably become Della! Del also comes to mind and evokes the similarly French Adele.