Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I can see you with a little girl having Eva somewhere in her name. How does your husband feel about it?
    He likes it! And I believe there's a saint named Eva too, and our children are really supposed to have a saint name as they're being christened in catholic church. Not that it's very important to me, but if I find names I like that have meaning to me and are saints names as well, then it's good. We lucked out with Roo's Marian, I didn't even think about until MIL commented on it.

I always think about your friend when you ask for names, that's why I tend to look for beautiful French ones . I love that you want to honour her, so sweet!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    He likes it! And I believe there's a saint named Eva too, and our children are really supposed to have a saint name as they're being christened in catholic church. Not that it's very important to me, but if I find names I like that have meaning to me and are saints names as well, then it's good. We lucked out with Roo's Marian, I didn't even think about until MIL commented on it.

I always think about your friend when you ask for names, that's why I tend to look for beautiful French ones . I love that you want to honour her, so sweet!
    I've thought of going all hard-core French like having children named Aurelie Odette Leonie, Sylvie Capucine Fleur, Auguste Gaspard Leon, Agnes Isabelle Camille, Benoit Loic Sebastien, and Anne-Sophie Lilou Therese (obviously my computer doesn't do accents!) but I figured that was a bit French-heavy for someone who has never stepped foot into a French-speaking area.

Any other ideas, anyone?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle § Arianne § Olivia § Violet § Grace § Emmeline § Charlotte § Eva § Catherine § Eleni § Zoe
    Caleb § Everett § Grant § Casper § Samuel § Jack § Avery § Rory § Declan § Zane § Schuyler

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up!

Well, I am still in love with Tess Emmeline, but what about Trista? Eliska is gorgeous, too. What about Evaluna, Evanora or Elissa?
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore

I've thought of going all hard-core French like having children named Aurelie Odette Leonie, Sylvie Capucine Fleur, Auguste Gaspard Leon, Agnes Isabelle Camille, Benoit Loic Sebastien, and Anne-Sophie Lilou Therese (obviously my computer doesn't do accents!) but I figured that was a bit French-heavy for someone who has never stepped foot into a French-speaking area.
    I don't know, I think Sylvie Capucine Fleur and Agnes Isabelle Camille would be a gorgeous little pair that could work perfectly.

Other thoughts:
    Yvette/Yvaine
    Aurora
    Estelle
    Clemence
    Apolline
    Lavinia
    Ludivine
    Felicity
    Melanie (I love this name for you! It would be a perfect sister for so many names on your list!)
    Noelle
    Solene
    Rosamund

EDIT: And Soraya!

Good luck!
    Last edited by namelover77; September 24th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

@cristinamariane - I really like the idea of Evaluna or Evanora as a double barrel, but I feel like if I do a double-barrel with Evie, it'd probably be Eva Clara, as it's a family name, and I love the idea of having a little Eva Clara (or Eve-Claire!). Tess and Emmeline are both still on my list (although different combos, since I love them both so much!), although lately I've been doubting Tess. I'm not sure I can see me with a Tess, and it's so much more nicknamey than the rest of my list. I do love my combo, Tess Penelope (Kate?), though.

@namelover77 - love Felicity! I don't know that I can see me with a Felicity (despite my love for Izzy (Issy?) and Liddy as nns!), but I really want to keep it on as a middle. If I don't keep Eva Felicity Claire, I'm sure I'll find a different spot for Felicity--I adore her! Verity, as well, but I feel like I'm much more likely to use Felicity...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle § Arianne § Olivia § Violet § Grace § Emmeline § Charlotte § Eva § Catherine § Eleni § Zoe
    Caleb § Everett § Grant § Casper § Samuel § Jack § Avery § Rory § Declan § Zane § Schuyler

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up!