Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks, ladies!

Some of these are already on my list as middles--Wren, Camille, Lydia, Aurora, etc., and others I've been considering maybe adding to my list already (Aurelia, or Aurelie, Sylvia, Serena, Hazel, Agnes, Daphne, etc.)! And there are plenty others that I'm liking--Cara, Zoe, Leona, Anouk, Gemma--but that I doubt I would use up front. My two sisters' names, Rebecca and Natalie, have been mentioned, and I think it's safe to say that those aren't really FN contenders. I might fit them in as middles, if I could find the right combo.

I'm really loving the idea of Zelie (or eve Zelia?), though--I love that Zelia is a Hebrew name meaning "zealous, ardent", and I've heard that Zelie is the French form.

@Liz - Yeah, haha, I don't know if I'll ever give up Isabelle, but if a future SO of mine can't handle that, I'll probably try and pawn off Annabel or Arabella. I have them as beloved back-ups. According to my mom, I should have twin girls and name them Isabelle and Annabel, but I just couldn't do it.

@Ottilie - haha, I love that you're always so enthusiastic about Eva!!! If you love it so much, why don't I ever see it in any of your posts?

I'm also thinking about Eliska and Audrey...
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; September 23rd, 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Most of the ones I thought of for you have already been suggested, but...

Ada
    Adrienne
    Camille
    Dahlia
    Diana
    Keira/Kira
    Lenore
    Lavinia
    Mara/Marilla
    Moira
    Viviana
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I love Eliska!

Some suggestions

Deborah (she gets no love!)
    Naomi
    Anais
    Miriam
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    @Ottilie - haha, I love that you're always so enthusiastic about Eva!!! If you love it so much, why don't I ever see it in any of your posts?
    Mwahaah! Good point. I've been on girl name sabbatical (for ten days! The horror!) and I thought about names this morning (against husband's will) and I started making a little list and Eva's on there.

I like Eliska a lot, and Zelie; isn't it wonderful? It is the French version of Zelia, which is also incredibly pretty. I do have a thing for frenchifying your names...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Mwahaah! Good point. I've been on girl name sabbatical (for ten days! The horror!) and I thought about names this morning (against husband's will) and I started making a little list and Eva's on there.

I like Eliska a lot, and Zelie; isn't it wonderful? It is the French version of Zelia, which is also incredibly pretty. I do have a thing for frenchifying your names...
    I can see you with a little girl having Eva somewhere in her name. How does your husband feel about it?

I LOVE Eliska, too, and have been massively crushing on Eliska Genevieve for nearly 3 years now. I just feel like it may be too different from my not-too-ethnic choices. Then again, there'd be a Polish or Slavic name in nearly all of my combos if I could get away with it.

Zelie is good, though! It's equal parts French and Hebrew, just like my best friend, so I feel like it honors her well. Plus, I just like French names in general for Millie, haha! I feel like I prefer Zelia to Zelie, but Zelie's so cute and chic and unexpected! I don't know which way I'd go, but I'm seriously considering it (them?) now...