Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Resolved

Ok, I get it lol
    Last edited by mfberry; September 25th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Vincent, Henrik, Thomas, William, Jaques, Alfred 'Alfie', Isaiah, Sylvan

Vincentia, Henrietta, Thomasin, Colette, Damaris, Sheila, Aria, Elodie

Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

No, I don't think parents (grandparents) should coerce or pressure their children to choose any name they don't absolutely love. Even telling them "you can choose any name that means wolf" is severely limiting. If this is just a fun thing you & your sister want to do when naming your kids, thats your decision, but don't expect your children to follow suit. You wouldn't be happy if your parents or in-laws tried to put restrictions on you when naming your children. Don't be 'those people'.
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 25th, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    New username is @ truenature

Quote Originally Posted by katieydenberg View Post
    No, I don't think parents (grandparents) should coerce or pressure their children to choose any name they don't absolutely love. Even telling them "you can choose any name that means wolf" is severely limiting. If this is just a fun thing you & your sister want to do when naming your kids, thats your decision, but don't expect your children to follow suit. You wouldn't be happy if your parents or in-laws tried to put restrictions on you when naming your children. Don't be 'those people'.
    lol I suppose you're right. It's fun to dream, though
    Vincent, Henrik, Thomas, William, Jaques, Alfred 'Alfie', Isaiah, Sylvan

Vincentia, Henrietta, Thomasin, Colette, Damaris, Sheila, Aria, Elodie

Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

You get your chance to names your kids but you don't have the right or ability to dictate what futu generations choose. One of your children's spouses am have a name they have always love or a family name they want to use.. why should they be constrained by what you and your sister decided years earlier?
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I don't believe in family naming requirements. I think they are limiting and controlling of something that should be fun, unique, and special to each family!